November 25, 1998.
The Time Of Your Life
Seed To Tree
Hopper And His Gang
Don't Come Back
The Bird Flies
A Bug's Life Suite
This is the second feature produced by Waly Disney Feature Animation and Pixar Studios.
Each frame of the movie took from one to 20 hours of computation to render.
The film is loosely based on Aesop's fable "The Ants and the Grasshopper."
When Flik is walking through the traffic in Bug City, there is a "The Lion King - On Broadway" poster in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Atta is a genus of leaf-cutting ants.
It was nominated for an Academy Award in 1998 for Best Original Musical Or Comedy Score.
Queen: It's the same every year, they come, they eat, they leave; that's our lot in life. It's not a lot, but it's our life.
Francis: SO. Bein' a ladybug automatically makes me a girl. Is that it, fly boy?
Fly: Cripes! She's a guy!
Slim: Ladies and gentlebugs! Larvae of all stages! Rub your legs together for the world's greatest bug circus!
Hopper: First rule of leadership: everything is your fault
DVD & Soundtrack
DVD Bonus Features
- Abandoned Sequences: Scenes That Didn't Make The Final Cut -- Including The Original Opening Of The Film -- Presented In Storyboard Format.
- Sound Design: Academy Award®-Winning Sound Designer Gary Rydstrom (Best Sound Effects Editing, SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, 1998) Demonstrates How He Created Various Effects Throughout The Film.
- Behind-The-Scenes Look At The Creation Of A BUG'S LIFE: John Lasseter, Steve Jobs, Andrew Stanton, And Others Share What Went Into The Creation Of Their Feature Film Follow-Up To TOY STORY.
- Hilarious Outtakes
- Pixar Animation Studios' Academy Award®-Winning Best Animated Short Film, GERI'S GAME (1997).
- Early Presentation Reel
- Original Story Treatment And Pitch Boards
- Character Designs, Concept Art, And Color Scripts
- Storyboard-To-Final-Film Split-Screen Comparison
- Behind-The-Scenes With The Voice Talent
- Early Production Tests
- Production Progression Demonstration (Angle Feature Allows You To Move Through The Various Stages Of Production).
- Trailers And Posters (From Domestic And International Releases)
- Behind-The-Scenes Look At How The Film Was Recomposed From Its Original Widescreen Presentation To A Full-Screen Presentation For Home Video Release.
- "Fishy Facts" About Disney/Pixar's FINDING NEMO
- A bug’s land Activity Games: Two All-New Games In Which You Can Be A Bug! Join Heimlich In His Attempt To Devour A Watermelon, And Play A Trivia-Based Game Of Hide-And-Seek With Francis The Ladybug!
An epic of miniature proportions.
When they're flying to Ant Island, Rosie disappears from Dim's back for a brief moment.
P.T. Flea is standing near the top of the fly paper when it catches fire, but after is has burned he is standing in the middle of the burn patch.
When Hopper flies away, Flik, Tuck and Roll pull his antenna off, but then he ditches Tuck and Roll and it shows both his antenna are still intact.
Reviews & Ratings