November 2, 2001.
Released on video in 2002.
If I Didn't Have You
Boo's Adventures In Monstropolish
Sulley And Mike
Made by Disney in collaboration with Pixar Animation Studios.
John Goodman and Billy Crystal broke animation protocol and recorded their parts at the same time.
Despite being nominated 16 times for an Academy Award, Randy Newman had never won - until now, when he won for the song "If I Didn't Have You."
The movie was nominated for three Academy Awards in 2001: Best Animated Feature Film; Best Original Score; and Sound Editing.
Henry J. Waternoose: Kids these days. They just don't get scared like they used to
Mike: Just think about a few names for a second: Bigfoot. Loch Ness. The Abominable Snowman. They all have one thing in common, pal: Banishment! We could be next!
Yeti: Abominable. Can you believe that? Do I look abominable to you? Why can't they call me the Adorable Snowman, or the Agreeable Snowman, for crying out loud? I'm a nice guy.
Mike: Can I borrow your odorant?
Sulley: Yeah, I got, uh, smelly garbage or old dumpster.
Mike: You got, uh, low tide?
Mike: How about wet dog?
Sulley: Yep. Stink it up.
DVD & Soundtrack
DVD Bonus Features
- All-New Animated Short, "Mike's New Car" (Created Exclusively For The Video And DVD)
- Filmmakers' Audio Commentary
- "For The Birds" -- 2001 Academy Award® Winner For Best Animated Short Film
- "Finding Nemo" -- An Exclusive Sneak Peek Of Disney/Pixar's Summer 2003 Feature Film
- Hilarious Outtakes And "The Monsters, Inc., Company Play"
- Train For Your First Day At Monsters, Inc.
- See The Monsters, Inc., Employee Handbook
- Learn The History Of The Monster World
- Play Peek-A-Boo -- Boo's Door Game
- Check Out Fun-Filled Facts And Much More!
- Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes
- 3D Location Flyarounds
- Monstropolis Art Gallery Featuring Hundreds Of Images
- Animation Gags And Guide To "In" Jokes
- Behind The Scenes Of "If I Didn't Have You" 2001 Academy Award® Winner For Best Original Song
- DVD-ROM Links And Game
We Scare Because We Care.
You Won't Believe Your Eye.
We Think They Are Scary, But Really We Scare Them!
When the monster goes through the door in the opening scene, he closes the door most of the way, but then when the instructor reviews what he did wrong, the door is seen to be open.
When Sulley and Boo are playing hide and seek in the restroom, he makes her giggle, but the lights don't blow out and there is no power spike like there should be.
In the opening scene of the kid's room there is a ball and train set on a floor mat, but when the monster falls on the mat the train is no longer there.
When Mike is in the ice cave and he picks up the snow cone it's yellow, but then changes to white, then back to yellow.
Reviews & Ratings