Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Universal Studios - How Busy?

Has anyone been since the Harry Potter section opened. I am wondering how busy the studios are now or whether the crowd numbers have settled again now. It wasn;t open last time we were there and I'd like to go but don't know whether to get a ticket for a few days or go for an AP again if we are going to be going quite a few days. We can only manage a few hours in a park in one go, so the crowds determine how much we get around :)

Katie :)

We were there at the end of October last year and made a point of arriving at 'arry potter land' (as we like to call it :D) at around 4pm. The wait time for Forbidden Journey always said 45 minutes but it was usually 30/35 mins. The line themeing is so good you really don't feel like you are waiting for a long time.
      Hogsmead itself was usually busy with Olivander's having HUGE lines outside!! I don't get it but then I've got a wand and mine lights up!!!
      The shop that Forbidden Journey empties into was always rammed with people!! I have no idea what they sell as I couldn't get to anything.

WDW - 15 times-AKL, Contemporary, Polynesian, CBR, POR, AS sports, Pop Century, RPH, HRH, Portofino Bay, Wynfield Inn, Quality Inn, Regal Palms, Lindfield Villa, Bahama Bay Resort, Yacht Club, CSR. Liki Tiki Village
      DLRP - 10 times Santa Fe, Hotel Cheyenne, Holiday Inn, Dream Castle, Explorers.

We also went in October. Did both parks in 1 day Didn't find either too bad crowd wise, apart from Harry Potter bit which was heaving. But then there's not much space there anyway, so it probably always seems like that
      Didn't note the exact wait time for Forbidden Journey but I think it was fairly long
      As WQ said, Olivanders line was huge, I'm sure I heard someone say there was or had been a 3 hour wait. Really don't get why someone would wait so long :nono: Especially as they have the exact same wands for sale at the shop at MCO
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

Jon
      We spent half a day at each in October. Visited the studios in the morning and wait times weren’t too bad. Headed across to Islands mid afternoon-ish mostly for Seuss landing and to check out Potter-land. Its very impressive, but not exactly crowd friendly, and it was slow getting from one side to another. The new ride had about a 70min wait, as did the ‘what used to be called pterodactyl flyers’ ride (why has that always got a long wait?) We got on Spidey and I did Hulk without any wait, although this was near to park closing.

That's all very helpful - Thanks to all of you.

Katie :)

We expected mega waits even last August but it wasn't too bad. The shops were the worst!! We managed to get into the ones we wanted just before the park closed and found that most of them only had five minute waits by that point. I'm not a HP fan as I've never read the books or seen the films but I did find it very impressive and can't wait to go again.

Interested by these replies because I had been told that there was an 8 hour wait to get into the Harry Potter Land - (which gave me the impression you couldnt just walk through like you do in the other lands) - and so we'd sort of resigned ourselves to NOT visiting Harry Potter. My daughter was a bit gutted cos mainly she'd like to go in the shops...

I'm just a bit confused how its laid out

Jon
      The 'Wizarding World' is a bit more compact than the other lands but you shouldn't have a problem walking through. The shops are supposedly really authentically themed, but can get pretty crowded as the design doesnt cope well with large volumes of traffic. I say supposedly as we never really ventured in any.

The shops are tiny inside, it's true. :( The window displays are really good and true to the films/books. Well worth a look. You can wander through Hogsmeade exactly the same as you can the other lands, it's just a bit smaller.

WDW - 15 times-AKL, Contemporary, Polynesian, CBR, POR, AS sports, Pop Century, RPH, HRH, Portofino Bay, Wynfield Inn, Quality Inn, Regal Palms, Lindfield Villa, Bahama Bay Resort, Yacht Club, CSR. Liki Tiki Village
      DLRP - 10 times Santa Fe, Hotel Cheyenne, Holiday Inn, Dream Castle, Explorers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World