Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Mouseketeer

Things to do in Clearwater?

Going to stay over in Clearwater for 3 days in our last week.
      Apart from spending all day lying on the beach recovering from 2 weeks of parks
      Anything worth doing or seeing?

We really liked a place called St Johns Pass it is like a boardwalk village with shops and restuarants but with a fishing theme, there is quaint one of a kind shops like homemade sweets etc and you can watch the dolphins from the pass/boardwalk. There was a few themed bars/restaurants there like Bubba Gumps and one where a band played in the ceiling and you sat at barrel tables!! You can pick up a leaflet for this area most likely in the lobby of the hotel as it was well advertised. It is between Clearwater and St Petes beach.

I can highly recommend Captain Memo's Pirate Cruise. We did this with our kids as it is a pirate cruise for the kids (big and small) and also a dolphin cruise for the adults. I ended up being a pirate in a water pistol fight against about 20 kids! Towards the end of the cruise it turns into a big party with all fun songs and dances - YMCA, Cha Cha Slide, etc - the looks of envy we got from all the other boring tour boats as we headed back into Clearwater were priceless.
      Quality Inn International - 1990; Grosvenor Resort - 1996
      Dixie Landings - 1997; All Star Sports - 1999
      Grosvenor Resort - 2002; Newport Bay Club (DLP) - 2003
      Pop Century - 2004; Jacksonville - 2005
      Port Orleans French Quarter - 2007 (with MNSSHP & MVMCP)
      Doubletree Redington Beach/Jacksonville/Doubletree Universal Orlando - 2008 (incl. visit to Richard Petty Driving Experience)
      Saratoga Springs Resort + Jacksonville - 2009
      Wyndham Bonnet Creek / Jacksonville / Disney's Vero Beach / Homewood Suites Bonita Springs - 2011 (MNSSHP + Halloween @ VeroBeach)
      Wyndham Bonnet Creek - Spring 2014

Junior Cast Member Disney Kelly's Avatar
      Captain Memo's is fun, know what you mean about the looks of envy. After a meal at Frenchys we like to pass out on the beach until 5pm then enjoy pier 60 later on the evening. I seen people having a segway tour, the guide was a pirate lol. Im thinking of booking a few nights nearby Pier 60, so would be interested to know what else is out there, i seen the marine centre but never went in.

Mouseketeer
      Quote Originally Posted by jarretth View Post
      I can highly recommend Captain Memo's Pirate Cruise. We did this with our kids as it is a pirate cruise for the kids (big and small) and also a dolphin cruise for the adults. I ended up being a pirate in a water pistol fight against about 20 kids! Towards the end of the cruise it turns into a big party with all fun songs and dances - YMCA, Cha Cha Slide, etc - the looks of envy we got from all the other boring tour boats as we headed back into Clearwater were priceless.
      always had you down as a bit of a swashbuckler !!

Quote Originally Posted by laid-back mitch View Post
      always had you down as a bit of a swashbuckler !!
      Thanks mate Put on my best Captain Birds Eye accent for the young 'uns as well.
      Quality Inn International - 1990; Grosvenor Resort - 1996
      Dixie Landings - 1997; All Star Sports - 1999
      Grosvenor Resort - 2002; Newport Bay Club (DLP) - 2003
      Pop Century - 2004; Jacksonville - 2005
      Port Orleans French Quarter - 2007 (with MNSSHP & MVMCP)
      Doubletree Redington Beach/Jacksonville/Doubletree Universal Orlando - 2008 (incl. visit to Richard Petty Driving Experience)
      Saratoga Springs Resort + Jacksonville - 2009
      Wyndham Bonnet Creek / Jacksonville / Disney's Vero Beach / Homewood Suites Bonita Springs - 2011 (MNSSHP + Halloween @ VeroBeach)
      Wyndham Bonnet Creek - Spring 2014

What is the drive over like? We've been driven over before (I slept!), but never done the journey ourselves?
      1 - Howard Johnson Maingate East - Kissimmee - Oct 93
      2 & 3 - Econolodge Hawaiian - Kissimmee - July 97 & July 99!
      4 & 5 - All Star Sports - Sept 2003 & Sept/Oct 04
      6 - Coronado Springs - Sept 06
      7 & 10 - Old Key West - Dec 08 & May 11
      8 & 11 - Newport Bay Club Paris - Oct 09 & Jul 11
      9 - Disneyland Hotel California - June 10
      12 - Walt Disney Family Museum - Nov 12

Junior Cast Member Disney Kelly's Avatar
      Its pretty much I4 for most of it, but once you get off that, onto 275 (felt crazy busy) you can see Tampa City, then the part of the journey I like is the 60, I enjoy the views of the Bay and the approach to Clearwater itself . I think having an 8yr old helps pass the time, especially when they see adverts on the road side like 'call 1-800 *** for a vasectomy', Last year DD asked us 'whats a Vasectomy?' :eek:

Just about 1/2 hour north of Clearwater is the Greek Village of Tarpon Springs. Great museum and Greek food, if you happen to like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World