Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question Sea World = Rope drop park?

Just as the subject suggests, is Sea World a park that it is imperative to be there 30 minutes prior to opening?

Keep in mind, the girls will NOT ride Kraken or Manta .

Was hoping that we could stroll in around 10:00/10:30 on Saturday and not feel completely behind schedule.
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

We've never been to SeaWorld for rope drop (but saying that Brigitte, we've never been to any park for rope drop!) I've always found SeaWorld to be more relaxing and a park for taking it easier than WDW although we haven't been for about three years. We've always got there around 11am and have been ready to leave about 6pm and that's with doing Kraken and Atlantis. Bryan and Robert always want to spend more time than me looking at the animal exhibits but we've still managed to do what we want including the Shamu show. We did stay late once to see the firework display which was really good.

We've never made plans when we've gone to SeaWorld and tend to just go with the flow which has frequently caused us to get lost a few times!!

Cath

Jon
      We've been just after opening and also an hour or so later and always got all the things done we wanted to do with time to spare. If you're avoiding the coasters then yeah, going a bit later in the morning wont matter too much.

We've been a dozen times now and I don't think there is much benefit to being there too early. The main shows are all scheduled to start a little later.
      I would try and find out the time of the first show and aim to get there 15 minutes before that.

During the day some shows overlap and some of the arenas are quite far apart (Shamu to Dolphin is a 10/15 minute walk with crowds), so it is best to plan your day in advance so you don't get an unfortunate 3 hour gap between shows.
      1 - Howard Johnson Maingate East - Kissimmee - Oct 93
      2 & 3 - Econolodge Hawaiian - Kissimmee - July 97 & July 99!
      4 & 5 - All Star Sports - Sept 2003 & Sept/Oct 04
      6 - Coronado Springs - Sept 06
      7 & 10 - Old Key West - Dec 08 & May 11
      8 & 11 - Newport Bay Club Paris - Oct 09 & Jul 11
      9 - Disneyland Hotel California - June 10
      12 - Walt Disney Family Museum - Nov 12

I guess it depends on what time of year you are going but generally we've always arrived at SW sometime around opening time and never had a problem fitting everything in and usually leave the park my mid afternoon. You often get second day free passes there so we have been known to pop back in on our way back from shopping to do some of the rides a second time.

When the kids were tiny, the play area there is great so we went back on day two just to let the kids play rather than to do any of the other things.
      Quality Inn International - 1990; Grosvenor Resort - 1996
      Dixie Landings - 1997; All Star Sports - 1999
      Grosvenor Resort - 2002; Newport Bay Club (DLP) - 2003
      Pop Century - 2004; Jacksonville - 2005
      Port Orleans French Quarter - 2007 (with MNSSHP & MVMCP)
      Doubletree Redington Beach/Jacksonville/Doubletree Universal Orlando - 2008 (incl. visit to Richard Petty Driving Experience)
      Saratoga Springs Resort + Jacksonville - 2009
      Wyndham Bonnet Creek / Jacksonville / Disney's Vero Beach / Homewood Suites Bonita Springs - 2011 (MNSSHP + Halloween @ VeroBeach)
      Wyndham Bonnet Creek - Spring 2014

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World