Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is 2 days enough?

We've booked 2 nights at the Portofino Bay in July. I've not bought tickets yet because I can't decide how long we'll need. On the first day we'll be coming from the Hyatt at MCO so should check in around 9am or so. I understand we'll get our room keys to use for FOL, but it'll be too late to get to HP before the crowds. My question really is should we concentrate on doing the rest of IOA and maybe some of US then next morning get to HP as soon as they open. Will 1 morning be enough to do it? The other option is to get a 3 day ticket and do HP again the day we check out but I really wanted to get over to the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World quite early. Should I just add another night at the PB?
      Paula

Jon
      Personally, i've never felt the need to do more than 2 days at Universal. The fact you have FotL passes should allow you do all you want to within the two days, even if crowds are on the heavy side. I'd probably do the Studio's on your first day, if time permits head over to IOA later in the afternoon. Potterland isn't too vast so if you're there early you'll likely get around in good time and have the rest of the day to do the rest of IOA/anything you missed at the Studios.

I would say do studios on your first day, with your FOL pass you should get it done or at least the main rides, head to IOA next morning do HP first thing then work your way around the rest of the park.
      Am I remembering right that's it's your first time over there as a family? If so you might find that you need more than 2 days but as it won't be long until you are planning your next trip I would say stick to the two and if you like it go back next time.
      It is absolutely possible to get around everything in two days but it would be one ride to the next to the next without much time to appreciate the rest of the parks hidden areas.

---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.477353,-2.357215
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Trish
      xxx

Have you already bought your tickets? If not have you considered the 2 park ticket you can buy here 98 each (thats how much i am selling them for at the minute anyway) but that is unlimited for two weeks do you could always use the third day if you all wanted to or head over one afternoon if there was something in particular you missed.

---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.477361,-2.357119
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Trish
      xxx

i feel 2 days is more than enough, on my last visit, in november 2011 i stayed in the hard rock, we walked on to all rides near enought, the longest wait i had was around 15 or 20 mins for harry potter, we rode it 3 or 4 times as some occasions it was a walk on

P, I think two days will be enough too. As already said HP land isn't that big. FOTL access saves you lots of time. I would do HP first thing on your second day (and then get to Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World on the next morning). I couldn't wait to leave our Universal Hotel and get back to WDW :)

Agree with the others, I think 2 days is enough, and HP on the 2nd day
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

We did three nights on our first stay at Universal and it was too long - we'd done what we wanted to do and were kicking our heels around City Walk. We now do two nights and if we arrive in the morning, still go to HP and then do the rest of IOA. With FOTL we found that we were finished by early evening so went back to HP to eat and stayed until park closing.

Next day we went to the studios and again were done by mid afternoon. We went back into IOA to do a few of our favourites such as the Hulk and back to HP to finish off. I've also bought passes for three days or longer but we've never used them on our third day as we've either been flying home or transfering to Disney. This time (at Christmas) I think I'm going to buy the two park two day pass on the USA site.

I think you'll be fed up with three nights..........a couple of times we've even got a taxi over to Disney for the evening!

Cath

Bec
      Also p we found HP to be quieter later in the day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World