Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Discovery Cove - is it worth it?

For our October trip we are considering Discovery Cove. I'm not a fan of fish, but would not miss out on the opportunity to swim with dolphins. We've just been weighing up the prices etc, and just wondering what peoples thoughts on DC are? Is it worth it?

The package includes unlimited access to Seaworld and Busch Gardens and Aquatica - we've never done Aquatica cos it's always been chocca but we would definately be visiting Busch and Seaworld, also breakfast, lunch, drinks and snacks all through the day, so to be it sounds ok.

Any opinions welcome.

It is worth every penny
      I hate fish but it's not like the dolphins swim round your feet they're not fish anyway
      Have to admit, I did stay away from the pool where they did have fish swimming around.
      Anyway, I've done the dolphin swim twice now an I've loved it both times. I'm not a great swimmer but the trainers said the dolphins would instinctively know, and they did, they were almost protective.
      So I say do it, it is probably one of the most memorable things you'll ever do!

I don't like any sort of animals but I loved Discovery Cove although I did pass on kissing the dolphin! As Vikki said, it's worth every penny and I keep saying that we need to do it again. The whole place is really lovely and extremely well organised. We did the lot, the dolphin swim, the lazy river (which is very deep and definitely not for non swimmers) the aviary, which wasn't for me (birds swooping down for food - not good) but Robert and Bryan loved it.

The food was of really good quality and we had both breakfast and lunch. I think the DVD was also included in the price too. It's a great day out!

Cath

I think it is great value, so much so we have been four times now!!
      Having been so often, we did consider giving it a miss last year but I think the value stacks up when you consider the dolphin experience, the food and drink and then the tickets to Sea World and Busch Gardens.

To us, it is the most relaxing location in Florida. As the crowds are limited you know you can relax all day long and nothing is going to cause problems :)
      The food options are good and the drinks are freely available. A two week pass to Sea World is great as you can go more than once which is great if you like to break your day up with a trip to Premium Outlets
      We also took their bus to Busch Gardens one time, that saved a lot of driving hassle but did mean we had limited time in the park because we couldn't risk missing the ride home which was relatively early in the day.

We have not been since the Reef was built at DC though so can't comment on that
      1 - Howard Johnson Maingate East - Kissimmee - Oct 93
      2 & 3 - Econolodge Hawaiian - Kissimmee - July 97 & July 99!
      4 & 5 - All Star Sports - Sept 2003 & Sept/Oct 04
      6 - Coronado Springs - Sept 06
      7 & 10 - Old Key West - Dec 08 & May 11
      8 & 11 - Newport Bay Club Paris - Oct 09 & Jul 11
      9 - Disneyland Hotel California - June 10
      12 - Walt Disney Family Museum - Nov 12

Yeah Vikki, I meant the little fish swimming around your feet so that would be the pool I'd avoid (is there a pool with NOTHING in just to cool off ).

We usually get a ticket that has Universal parks, W&W, Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch. TBH we only ever do Seaworld once (because of everything else we pack in), and as yet we have just never got around to going to Aquatica on account of when we've passed on the bus to Universal (we stay at Lake Buena Vista and so walk to the Premium Outlets and catch the Iride up), it's always a bit chocca traffic going in to Aquatica so I don't fancy it.

We did Busch the first time we went and then we went last year. We had to walk up to PUBLIX at the back of premium outlets and catch the shuttle and we got back quite late in the day, for us the day was just about right, I think we were picked up around 6-6.30ish, arrived back at PUBLIX about 8 and walked down to Longhorns, we were shattered but had an amazing day.

I think we will go, cos as you say it's an amazing opportunity, and I'd kiss the dolphin, I kiss my daughters hamster and people would think that weird so a dolphins no problem. I just wanted opinions as we were talking about it today and when I looked in my "brits guide", they were saying the price looks cheap but all the hidden extras make it a very expensive day and sounded like they didn't think it was worth it.

Thanks for your replies

If you do book it, I'll tell you about a hidden little place we just love there

Thanks Vikki. I'm pretty sure we will do. I've been looking at the ticket packages today and I think we will. Our kids are now 14 and 16 and I think we're probably getting to the end of them wanting to come on holiday with us, so I want to make the memories for them to treasure and I am sure that swimming with dolphins must be up there with the best.

If we do go though, I think I won't be posting pics of me in a wetsuit

Supreme Cast Member Steamboat Willie's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by LorraineD View Post
      Thanks Vikki. I'm pretty sure we will do. I've been looking at the ticket packages today and I think we will. Our kids are now 14 and 16 and I think we're probably getting to the end of them wanting to come on holiday with us, so I want to make the memories for them to treasure and I am sure that swimming with dolphins must be up there with the best.

If we do go though, I think I won't be posting pics of me in a wetsuit
      You don't need to wear a wetsuit. There's a waistcoat option instead.

I think it's worth it also. Endless amounts of food and drink, the pools seem quiet due to the restricted number of guests per day, and the time with the dolphins seemed a lot longer than what it was.

Very few people wear the wetsuits to be honest. I always wore the swim jacket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World