Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Book online direct with travel company. I know we'd probably save a fortune going direct to hotel and arrange our flights (would we??) but as I've said before I hate flying and I like everything organised. I'd be so frightened that if it was like bits and pieces fitted together something wouldn't be right. I like the idea of having someone who.....well basically someone to hold responsible, rather than standing there saying to my hubby "I thought YOU sorted that out???????" (I still do that now haha). Park tickets are my department, and I work out what we want and work out the best ticket deals and book online through a ticket agency.

As for the nostalgia thing, the comment you made disneydad re the new parks so therefore no nostalgia, I think my own emotions are a case of the emotion I feel when I think how my kids are gonna feel, the memories I am building for them. We visited DLP twice when they were little, and the sight of those mouse ears on the water tower are enough to make me fill up, cos I think of how amazing it must be through the eyes of a child, so for me the emotions aren't all about memories (although now on our 6th visit to WDW there is alot of nostalgia/memories involved), it's about that sense of love you feel at making your child happy and the wonderful experiences we are giving them.

Quote Originally Posted by LorraineD View Post
      Book online direct with travel company. I know we'd probably save a fortune going direct to hotel and arrange our flights (would we??)
      probably not a fortune, but you could save a little . Not worth doing it though if it would bring you stress :)
      1 - Howard Johnson Maingate East - Kissimmee - Oct 93
      2 & 3 - Econolodge Hawaiian - Kissimmee - July 97 & July 99!
      4 & 5 - All Star Sports - Sept 2003 & Sept/Oct 04
      6 - Coronado Springs - Sept 06
      7 & 10 - Old Key West - Dec 08 & May 11
      8 & 11 - Newport Bay Club Paris - Oct 09 & Jul 11
      9 - Disneyland Hotel California - June 10
      12 - Walt Disney Family Museum - Nov 12

I always book directly, over the phone, because it feels more 'real' and I feel more assured that my questions are being instantly answered.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoke76 View Post
      probably not a fortune, but you could save a little . Not worth doing it though if it would bring you stress :)

Thing is my hubby has been to US a few times to watch football games with my dad and they've always booked flight and hotel seperate and just generally shopped around for best deal. But I always think IF there was a problem then there is literally 2 grown men who can easily look after themselves. Whereas when you've got kids with you, it's a different matter. In all honesty we never go to the welcome party or even see the rep, but I like the idea there is someone there if there was the need for support/help etc. Like the other year when there was that ash cloud thing and it grounded alot of planes, my way of thinking was (and I may be totally off mark here), that if you'd got a package deal booked then the holiday company/reps would have had to organise accomodation etc until it was possible to fly home, but that if there had been flights and hotel booked seperate, basically it would have just been a case of the airline who you booked with would just have had to stand a flight for you when the ban was lifted and basically accomodation etc would have been your own responsibility. And I'd have already been in meltdown with the worry of would the flight home be safe that I'd have been all panicky at the thought of sorting stuff out that I'd have liked a point of contact, just someone to say "it's ok, this is whats going to happen"

Sorry to derail the thread and throw a spanner in the works but after some of the encounters I've had with reps over the years, I wouldn't trust many of them to get me home from Gatwick never mind Orlando.

Cath

Quote Originally Posted by tweenie123 View Post
      Sorry to derail the thread and throw a spanner in the works but after some of the encounters I've had with reps over the years, I wouldn't trust many of them to get me home from Gatwick never mind Orlando.
      Whereas the one experience I've had with reps was when we were stuck in turkey with the ash cloud, and she was brilliant!
      Visited DLP 6 times
      Visited WDW twice
      Visited DL twice

Forum Newcomer!
      Thank you all for your fantastic responses!

You will all be featured in my dissertation research which will be passed on to those at Disney London HQ!

Many Thanks and Take Care,

Katie Daisy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World