Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
      Thanks for all your replies.

I've been having a look at them today and think Robert would really like one (and so would I) He'd probably use it for internet, emails, games and watching films. A few people at school have told me not to bother with 3G as we probably wouldn't make full use of it but I'm not sure?

Cath

We have a mifi from Verizon so we don't have 3g but if you want internet on the go then get the 3g (the new ipad has 4g). The mifi is a 4g device that is about the size of a deck of cards and is a mobile hot spot. The mifi can have 5 devices wireless hooked up to it at once. Verizon is not the only company to carry the mifi and I believe Sprint does not have a data limit on them.

JoR
      Senior Cast Member
      without the 3G you will only be able to access email and interent through wifi or purchasing a mifi unit if your carrier has that optoin. If you want to have be connected no matter where you go than the 3G (or 4G on the new ipad) will be needed. You do have to purchase a plan to use 3G but most companies allow you to purchase it on a month to month basis you don't need a contract
      ---
      Jo

Earning My Ears
      I have an iPad2 without 3G and just use my iPhone which has 3G as a wifi hotspot for the iPad!! Very easy to do and saves paying for the more expensive iPad

Disney-holic Family TimonAndPumba's Avatar
      We have 3G on both our iPads (2) and we do find it useful, especially when travelling or staying away :)

Cath, I'd have a think about how much you travel or are out and about where there is no wifi... if it's quite a bit, the 3G might be worth it, but remember the monthly data charge for it

There is a pretty good guide here to help you snag a bargain :)
      Timon And Pumba = DDad , DMum , DSister , DBrother ... and Me

July-August 2002 - Offsite
      July-August 2003 - Hilton in WDW
      July-August 2006 - West USA & Grand Floridian
      August 2009 - Contemporary & Offsite
      October-November 2013 - Western USA & Contemporary

Quote Originally Posted by TimonAndPumba View Post
      We have 3G on both our iPads (2) and we do find it useful, especially when travelling or staying away :)

Cath, I'd have a think about how much you travel or are out and about where there is no wifi... if it's quite a bit, the 3G might be worth it, but remember the monthly data charge for it

There is a pretty good guide here to help you snag a bargain :)
      Thanks for that........I've just had a read, some good advice.

I honestly think we'd only take the iPad with us when we go on holiday and as we only seem to go to WDW I don't think we'd make use of the 3G. We want something that we can use for the internet when we're on holiday and I'm sure that Robert would use it for games and maybe movies.

Cath

JoR
      Senior Cast Member
      Quote Originally Posted by Trevski220 View Post
      I have an iPad2 without 3G and just use my iPhone which has 3G as a wifi hotspot for the iPad!! Very easy to do and saves paying for the more expensive iPad
      Can you share more information on how this is done?

Thank you
      ---
      Jo

Thanks for asking that JoR ! I have an IPhone 4 3G and was wondering the same thing .

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

Obsession, by Walt Disney Damfino's Avatar
      I got mine on the October trip and love it. I used it constantly on this last trip to watch baseball on the MLB app as well as checking emails, surfing and so on. It was invaluable on the flight over as the entertainment on the plane was rubbish, I don't have music on mine as all my music on on an IPod touch, but, I got 3 series on the IT Crowd, all the Father Teds ever made and lots more with space to spare. I also bought the little connector thingy to put SD cards in to import photos and videos which was worth every cent as I was able to have a back up of all my photos and videos taken in the park that day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World