Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Quote Originally Posted by dizneymom View Post
      I would love to see NY. DD has been there 3 or 4 times with her high school choir. She has seen at least 4 shows. She says the shopping is DEVINE! Hershey's, Disney, M & M store I would love to go....but friends of mine said DD and I would not be safe by ourselves and I guess I am too scared to go by myself.
      We have a friend who lives in Connecticut. She goes into NYC quite often and takes her two kids. She has even let them go alone with their friends.

Disney-holic Family TimonAndPumba's Avatar
      It's always nice exploring new places :) I do think though that sometime we don't tend to appreciate what is closest to us!

I used to live in London so I've seen lots of it, but parents have always visited family and friends there and only really saw the real tourist places a few years ago :)
      Timon And Pumba = DDad , DMum , DSister , DBrother ... and Me

July-August 2002 - Offsite
      July-August 2003 - Hilton in WDW
      July-August 2006 - West USA & Grand Floridian
      August 2009 - Contemporary & Offsite
      October-November 2013 - Western USA & Contemporary

Quote Originally Posted by dizneymom View Post
      I would love to see NY. DD has been there 3 or 4 times with her high school choir. She has seen at least 4 shows. She says the shopping is DEVINE! Hershey's, Disney, M & M store I would love to go....but friends of mine said DD and I would not be safe by ourselves and I guess I am too scared to go by myself.
      I would have to disagree. While it might not be safe to go walking around NYC at night alone...I don't think that the daytime is an issue. If you go to the City then plan your days and transportation ect. If you are staying overnight find a hotel that is centrally loacted to where you want to be. The busses and subways will get you all over the City, but the lines are not as well defined as those on the London Metro system. My experience is that walking in NYC is the best way to get from point A-B (so long as they aren't miles apart) if you find a centrally located hotel...it may cost more then others, but the ability to walk from place to place will make up the diffence. If you do need to use a bus or subway you can ask at your hotel which line and if you transfer (most NYC people use the mass transit) I wouldn't ask in the Subway station (no need in advertising you are from out of town). Depending on what you want to do...shop...theatre or just sightsee I think most can be done in the day and then spend the evenings relaxing at your hotel and having something to eat nearby.
      Disney Dad

Disney is the World to Me

http://disneydad.smugmug.com

1999 WL; 2001 Off Property (Never Again); 2003 ASMo; 2007 ASMu (Family Suite); 2009 FWCG Cabin; 2011 Pop; 2012 CBR (Pirate Trip); 2013 Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa; 2014 Boys Trip to AOA in a Cars Suite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World