Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Tale of a Cardinal

it started the day after Dad was entombed in the masolieum . Mom has always fed the birds but never had a lone cardinal . If you know about birds , Cardinals are never alone . There is always one male and one female .
      I know you are going to think I have completely gone bonkers . I thought MoM had until I saw it for myself . From the time she gets up, this cardinal flies into her window , we thought at first it was just a brain damaged bird and it would kill itself . But every morning the same thing, it wakes Mom as he starts at the bedroom window and he will keep doing it until she gets up . Once up and having her morning coffee , this bird is literally bouncing off the sun room window . If she goes up for a nap, the bird sits on the balcony until she wakes and he starts flying into the window again ! Is it possible that this cardinal is her husband . I suggested to Mom to leave the sliding doors open and get a bird cage . Perhaps he'll fly in and go in the cage because him flying into the window is driving her crazy . Thoughts, I'm very serious about this !

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

Hmmm could be! I'm very curious about reincarnation. I've seen stories on tv before but nothing like this.

---
      I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rqse43
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe in the reincarnation thing, but it could definitely be a sign for your mom. We call them God-incidents.
      Last edited by dizneymom; 04-07-2012 at 06:49 AM.

I know what you mean leslie , but a bird ! But it makes sense, they loved their birds , they spend $100's on bird food, suet, hummingbird juice, you name it , they have it for the different types of birds . We thought eventually this cardinal would break its neck from flying into the window . Nope he plops down, shakes it off and starts all over again . It's Freaky . I've even gone on to the deck and talked to it . I call it Dad and its like he listens to me . I go in the house and he starts again . It's creepy !

Explain DM, please ?

Maybe he wants to be a pet.

---
      I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dq4ix0
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm.....ever see the movie "Dragonfly"? The doctor's dead wife loved dragonflies, and he starts to see them everywhere after her death.
      http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/2205/wdwepcot02crop.png

Nope never saw that one GD , but now I'll watch it .
      I don't think he wants to be her pet , its more like he's watching over her . He put up a death battle till the bitter end . His love for her was that strong . She finally had to tell him she'd be ok and it was alright to go home . But he wasn't getting it , he wanted to go home to his home . He kept saying with what voice he had due to lack of oxygen & strength, home . Mom has felt guilty that she couldn't take him home and let him die . So I think he came back . Like I said, its creepy as most birds are afraid and wilkl fly away when you get to close . Not him , he'll hop a few feet away, but stay and listen , even tilting his head . I was the one that said it , Mom , it's Dad and she said she thought so too . Now she takes special dried berries and such and out them on her patio table and he sits there and eats . I couldn't make something like this up, it freaks me out .

Maybe he just wants the closeure on his terms and not on the terms he was limted to when he was sick. Does your mom acknowledge the bird and speak to it or is she freaked and avoids it? Maybe just the acknowledgement and seeing that he is not bound to the bed as he was will be enough for him (and her) to move on.
      Disney Dad

Disney is the World to Me

http://disneydad.smugmug.com

1999 WL; 2001 Off Property (Never Again); 2003 ASMo; 2007 ASMu (Family Suite); 2009 FWCG Cabin; 2011 Pop; 2012 CBR (Pirate Trip); 2013 Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa; 2014 Boys Trip to AOA in a Cars Suite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World