Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Share your tips!

I know that there is a fit thread around here somewhere and I think that this kinda goes hand in hand with that. I thought this would be a good place to share any tips on staying on your diet and/or losing weight at WDW. Since there are many of us who are trying to lose weight I thought this might be helpful.

I have been going to Weight Watchers since this past Thanksgiving. It is my fourth time to join and for this past trip I was determined not to gain back the 20lbs that I had managed to lose. For those of you who don't know, WW is based on a points system, each food is given a points amount that is calculated using the total fat, carbs, fiber and protein. Since it is pretty near impossible to locate any nutritional info for WDW (probably since it is all bad for you!), I knew I would have to come up with another plan.

I made sure to drink plenty of water. This would also help with staying hydrated on hot days. I also ate some sort of fruit everyday (zero points and a food that keeps you full longer!). Most of my snack credits went towards bottled water and fruit cups. And to keep from having to buy extra waters, I brought crystal light drink flavor thingies so that I could refill at the water fountains. Also, somewhere in my WW materiel it says that something isn't a treat if you have it everyday. That being said, my treats this trip were a pineapple dole whip and a mickey ice cream bar and I only had one of each. I think that the biggest factor for staying on track was portion control. We all know that one dinner plate could probably feed a family of four. Since we were on free dining we never got anything to share (with the exception of one place we did pay). Instead of stuffing myself to the point where I was going to have to roll out of the restaurant, I didn't stop eating when I was full, I stopped eating when I wasn't hungry. For anyone who has ever had a problem with overeating you KNOW what a difference this is!

Overall I only gained 1.8lbs during the trip. I always gain a few pounds while I'm there anyways because it is my body's natural reaction to a change in schedule, but I felt that this was pretty good and it would be easy to get back on track and lose the weight.

Well done - thanks for the tips. I usually put on 7lbs in 14 days at WDW, but I think its down to water retention - it soon goes when I get home

Thanks for this. We always lose weight from Jan to our May trip so we can enjoy whatever at WDW. Still go running whilst at the Boardwalk though to balance it a bit, plus share food too and walk so far that the weight gain hopefully isn't too big. With our (hopefully) plan to get married half way through our trip this year will need to extra careful this time!
      Ali

Obsession, by Walt Disney Damfino's Avatar
      I do a heck of a lot of walking at WDW, which compensates to a degree the fact I eat a fair bit over there, I put on 3 lbs on the last trip, but, stress on the home front and a bad case of post Disney blues means I've over eaten and added a few extra pounds, so healthy eating starts again tomorrow as I just ate the last of the Peeps (purple bunny ones)

Well done Leslie! There's some really good ideas in your post. I've been going to WW on and off for about twenty years and am a stone heavier than when I first started but then think I would have been a lot heavier had I not gone in the first place! I managed to put 12lbs on at WDW at Christmas (my worst ever!) and am trying again. How far I'll get this time.........who knows?

I've not eaten any Easter eggs so that's a good start!

Cath

Quote Originally Posted by Damfino View Post
      I do a heck of a lot of walking at WDW, which compensates to a degree the fact I eat a fair bit over there, I put on 3 lbs on the last trip, but, stress on the home front and a bad case of post Disney blues means I've over eaten and added a few extra pounds, so healthy eating starts again tomorrow as I just ate the last of the Peeps (purple bunny ones)
      I agree. I think we walk alot in WDW so I don't feel guilty about what I eat. I do zumba twice a week at home so I HOPE I'm not too bad when I go, I don't think I look bad for my age , but then we just walk for miles and miles while we are there so I don't worry about what I am eating.

I gained 10 pounds on our last wdw trip in 14 days. When out and about now I try and do filling and healthy days this where you don't count points or calories just eat foods that are as close to possible to not being processed such as fruit, veg and meats. I must say that for my wdw I do relax and try and just lose weight before I go, I have 11 pounds to lose to my goal but it is taking forever! Sounds like wdw makes us all foodies!

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World