Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool I'm going to Spain!

Gabriella was invited by her Spanish teacher, to join a group of kids from his Spanish classes, to go to Spain for 10 days. The invite extends to the children's families as well. DH and I decided for me to go as well.

We are going through EF Tours. Here's the itenerary that we will be following:

Day 1: Fly overnight to Spain

Day 2: Madrid
      Take a walking tour of Madrid Visit the Prado

Day 3: Madrid
      1. Take a guided tour of Madrid
      2. Puerto del Sol
      3. Plaza Mayor
      4. Plaza de Oriente
      5. Visit the Royal Palace
      Day 4: Toledo • Consuegra • Granada
      1. Travel to Toledo
      2. Take a guided tour of Toledo
      3. Visit the Toledo Cathedral
      4. Visit the Church of Santo Tomé
      5. Visit a synagogue
      6. Travel to Consuegra
      7. See Don Quixote's windmills
      8. Continue on to Granada
      Day 5: Granada • Costa del Sol
      1. Take a guided tour of Granada
      2. Visit the Alhambra
      3. Travel to the Costa del Sol
      Day 6: Costa del Sol
      1. Enjoy a free day on the Costa del Sol
      Day 7: Seville
      1. Travel to Seville
      2. Take a guided tour of Seville
      3. With your expert local guide you will see:
      4. Barrio de Santa Cruz
      5. Visit the Seville Alcázar
      6. Visit the Seville Cathedral
      7. Take a walking tour of Seville
      8. With your tour director you will see:
      9. Giralda Tower
      10. Torre del Oro
      11. Plaza de Toros
      Day 8: Córdoba • Madrid
      1. Travel to Córdoba
      2. Visit the Mezquita
      3. Continue on to Madrid
      Day 9: Madrid
      1. Enjoy a free day in Madrid
      Day 10: Depart for home

The main reason for me going is because I have a 'Spanish family' that lives in Madrid. When I was in high school my family participated in a student-exchange program. Lorena (my Spanish sister) came and stayed with us for about a month. Her sister came and stayed with another family - but we had her come stay with us and her sister for about a week (her family was the pits and NO FUN). The following 3 years BOTH girls came back and stayed most of the summer. Lorena was in our wedding. I've NEVER been able to go over there to meet her parents, cousins, grandparents, etc. Now that we girls have grown up we all three have kids.....whom I've never met either. I've gotten permission from G's teacher to be able to see Lorena on the 'free' day in Madrid. I don't know what our plans are yet - just know that I'm FINALLY going to get to meet my entire Spanish family !!!!
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

Wow, FANTASTIC. I've only been to Madrid and the Costa del Sol. Are your meals included?

Yes. Flights, transportation (including riding the bullet train), admission to all of those places and breakfast/dinner is included. :D

I've been to Mexico before, that's the only foreign country. We have to get passports made, but I'm waiting for Gabriella to get her braces off first.

using Tapatalk 2
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

Jon
      Wonderful! :)
      Never been to mainland Spain, only got as far as Tenerife but i'd love to see the likes of Barcelona or Madrid some day.
      Sounds like a busy 10 days you got there.

Sounds fab! I've been to many places in Spain but never Madrid. We used to have a place on the Costa Del Sol.
      Paula

I'm concerned about getting my camera equipment over. I refuse to check it. Not sure if it will be too much to carry on.

I've volunteered to be the groups unofficial photographer :D.

using Tapatalk 2

How much camera equipment are you talking about Brig? If you and Gabriela share the hand luggage I can't see it being a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by USCWest View Post
      How much camera equipment are you talking about Brig? If you and Gabriela share the hand luggage I can't see it being a real problem.
      All of it . I'll have my camera, flash, multiple lenses, tripod. I have a giant bag that all BUT the tripod will fit in. That may have to go in my suitcase, but then I lose about 10lbs worth of clothing weight.

They give us all matching backpacks, so I'm assuming that will be a carry on as well. I can't tell by looking at the airline site if we can have 2 carry on items. I have a long time to plan this out. We're not going until NEXT June .

using Tapatalk 2

That sounds fantastic! It will be so great to see your spanish 'sister' andmeet her children finally :)
      Visited DLP 6 times
      Visited WDW twice
      Visited DL twice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World