Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Auto-Apply Gratuities on Disney Cruise Line

Arrow Auto-Apply Gratuities on Disney Cruise Line

Disney Cruise Line is introducing the automatic charging of pre-paid gratuities on all Disney ships.

Guest folios will be automatically charged on embarkation day, with the recommended gratuity amounts.

Guests will still have the option to modify or add additional gratuity amounts, or pay in cash, by stopping by the Guest Services Desk onboard.

Effective dates:
      Disney Dream - Date to be announced
      Disney Fantasy - April 21, 2012
      Disney Magic - Already in place
      Disney Wonder - April 22, 2012

Thanks to Sue at Small World Vacations for this information
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

Junior Cast Member SorcererMickey's Avatar
      That makes it a lot simpler and seamless, that has always been the process for CMs sailing, gratuities have always been included in price, it is about time they implemented the same process for guests.

Jon
      I guess it makes no odds when you pay the gratuities. Doing it beforehand is one less thing to worry about while you cruise.

There is the doubt that knowing the gratuity is paid, the servers might not go that extra mile to warrant an above average %age. That said, the servers we've encountered have all been exceptional.

We did have the issue last time that out head server (if we even had one) never appeared. I'd be a bit put out it that happened again having paid a gratuity up front. We could of course fix that if it did occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
      I guess it makes no odds when you pay the gratuities. Doing it beforehand is one less thing to worry about while you cruise.

There is the doubt that knowing the gratuity is paid, the servers might not go that extra mile to warrant an above average %age. That said, the servers we've encountered have all been exceptional.

We did have the issue last time that out head server (if we even had one) never appeared. I'd be a bit put out it that happened again having paid a gratuity up front. We could of course fix that if it did occur.
      Same here Jon. We never saw ours on the Dream in the summer. On previous cruises the head server has at least introduced himself at the table but this one was conspicuous by his absence.

Cath

I liked paying everything at the end . Although sad because your leaving . It was that one last good bye to our own special staff .

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

Jon
      It does make it a bit more impersonal, not being able to hand something over to your servers in person.

A walking SportsCenter SportsMickey's Avatar
      This is the way all cruiselines I've been on do it (Princess, Carnival and Norwegian)
      Artist formerly known as JuniorMickey

Junior Cast Member SorcererMickey's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
      It does make it a bit more impersonal, not being able to hand something over to your servers in person.
      You still get a receipt and envelopes to give to them, if we receive exceptional service we add some cash or go back to guest service and add more and get a new receipt.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh well that is a horse of a different color ! As soon as I told Jim, he was like No I'm not doing that, I'm giving them our envelope as we normally do . I told him, we didn't get a choice . Jim does Calligraphy and draws . He always decorates his envelopes Thank You ~ Name and draws different characters . The staff really likes his envelopes . He will be happier to hear this !
      mcduck likes this.

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World