Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      JoR
      Senior Cast Member
      My son loves them. We had the opportunity to attend a presentation and meet Ridley Pearson on the Disney Dream in January. What a nice man. We ended up running into him and his family many times during the cruise and ended up sitting next to them at Castaway Cay. He gave away and signed books for everyone that attended the presentation. He did say the next one will be based on the panama canal cruise and then two more books that will be based on California. One in Disneyland park and one in California Adventure. My son says I should read them as he things I would love them since they are based on the disney theme parks
      ---
      Jo

Ridley is a great man! I have a signed copy of the original Kingdom Keepers before it was made into a series. Ridley really cares for his fans. He has put so much effort into writting each book and allowing his fans to see how everything is progressing.

The books would be great for you to read. There is inside information used in the books. Ridley was allowed backstage access throughout Disney by the Disney Company. The detail that is in the books is astonishing and the way he blends in the Disney magic is perfect. He has Disney villans and a plethora of popular attractions scattered throughout the books. You are in the Magic Kingdom for most of KK1, the Animal Kingdom for most of KK2, Epcot and some of Hollywood Studios for most of KK3, and Hollywood Studios for most of KK4.

The Panama Canal sounds right. There had to be a way to get the main characters from Florida to California after the cruise, and this works perfectly. The series is supposed to end at Disneyland Resort, so it will be interesting to see how it's done since it will be very hard to say goodbye to the Keepers at the end of KK7.

Jon
      I've read 1 thru 3 and have enjoyed them all. You learn a lot about some of unseen area's within the parks. Overall its just fun to have an adventure play out in locations we (as Disney fans) know so well.

Ridley definately seems to have a lot of time for his readers, and keeps everyone updated on how progress is going on both the next KK book aswell as his other novels.

The fourth book is probably my favorite. It is really well written and seeing the progress with the characters is really nice.

Jon
      Yeah, by end of the third book we begin to understand the role each character has to play and what their individual strengths are within the Kingdom Keepers. Willa perhaps less so than the others though. Ill be ordering the fourth book once I’ve cleared the back log of other books I’ve not yet read

Do you think they would be good stories for me to read to DDs who are now 4 & 5. We are almost at the end of the Rohld Dahl books and I was looking for my next lot. I was going to read the CS lewis ones to them but not sure.
      They keep begging me to read Harry Potter but I think they are a little young yet or Percy Jackson which I want to read first to see if they are suitable.

Definately too young for Percy Jackson. I don't know if I would let my 7 year old read it yet. Harry Potter maybe by next year. That is a hard one, but there is still a lot of little violent things happening.

OK thanks, I was planning on reading Percy Jackson first because I have only seen the movie. (oops theres another americanism lol)

There is no way I am reading them Harry Potter yet, they have seen the first movie but I wont let them watch any of the others yet. I think the book goes into a lot more detail though, especially around Harry's parents which I think they are just too young to completly understand and not get overly upset by.

I havn't yead the narnia books since I was a kid so I think I might want to read those first again, We are currently reading the BFG and I didn't realise how graphic that was. Gabriella now keeps crying saying she is scared of Turkey because she remembers thats where one of the giants likes to go.

I have been reading some older stories to see if they were suitable (currently Treasure Island) and I just think they would get bored. I was struggleing to keep going with it at some points so I think i might give that a miss (plus I dont think I could read it again lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
      once I’ve cleared the back log of other books I’ve not yet read
      I'm like that at the minute. I decided to download 1001 books for my iPhone and there are so many I haven't read but always wanted to I htink it is going to take me a while to get through them lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World