Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      Jon

Ridley Pearson Working on Kingdom Keepers 5

Fans of author Ridley Pearson's Kingom Keepers series might be pleased to know that a fifth book is in the works, despite the next installment, 'Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play' not having hit shelves yet.
      No details as yet on plot, title or release date but good to know Finn and co will be back for another adventure.

Supreme Cast Member Steamboat Willie's Avatar
      Are these books good? I saw a couple in a second hand book shop in town, and I was considering getting one.

Jon
      I've only read the first one so far, intend to work my way through them eventually. Its a fun story even though its aimed at a younger audience.

DS loves these and has read them all! All I know is that they're about a group of kids who are left in MK at night when the park has closed and they have great adventures. DS bought the first one in the Virgin Mega Store a couple of years ago and it kept him quiet for the whole return flight so it must have been an entertaining story!

Cath

Jon
      Its been revealed that that KK V will be set on one of the Disney Cruise ships, so perhaps Finn and Co will run into one or two of the nautical villans such as Cpt Hook.

Ridley is going to be around WDW next week launching the latest installment in the series KK IV: Power Play.

I also have the first edition bout half way through it . Perhaps, I'll be able to buy the 2nd edition next time .

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

What age for kids? I have never heard of these books. I think my son would be interested in something like this, but I am not sure if he is too young or not.

Jon
      I would say its best suited to the 7-14 age bracket.
      I’ve only read KK1 (got a copy of KK2 last trip) but assume the others are of a similar complexity and theme. On a par with Enid Blyton Famous Five/Secret 7 really.

I have personally read this series and it is one of my favorites. The whole story is one of magic, adventure, and thrills.

Finn, Philby, Maybeck, Charlene, and Willa are known as the Kingdom Keepers. They are actors who were hired by Disney to be DHIs (Daylight Hologragh Imaging or Disney Host Interactive) they started out in the Magic Kingdom, but have grown in popularity throughout the books to be throughout Walt Disney World.

The program was designed with an alternate purpose. There is a group of Disney villians that want to take control of the Parks and of the other characters. They are known as the Overtakers. Headed by Malificent, it includes the Evil Queen, Cruella De Vil, Ursalla, Frollo, and manipulated animals, robots, and people. The Imagineers wanted the Overtakers stopped so the kids were "enlisted".

At night, the kids wake up inside the parks and work to defeat the Overtakers in various ways.

The readers watch these characters grow up and help solve the problems the Keepers face. It doesn't matter what age you are, if you are a fan of Disney, these books are perfect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World