Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by MKJo View Post
      Flight & private transfer sounds expensive
      Not keen on the bus due to time it takes and having to stop off at other hotels.
      It sounds expensive, but its not! One example is here: http://www.parishuttle.com/

Special offer at the moment, would be 19E per person for the 4 of you in a shared shuttle, or 80E for the 4 of you in a private shuttle.

They're waiting for you in arrivals, they have child seats too, loads less hassle than trying to get all of your bags and prams etc on a train or bus

Eurotunnel is the easiest IMO. It's just over 20 minutes and you can get out of your car to stretch your legs.
      Paula

Thought it was longer than that. Might be an option then, although we'd still have to drive either side which is a pain.
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGemma View Post
      It sounds expensive, but its not! One example is here: http://www.parishuttle.com/

Special offer at the moment, would be 19E per person for the 4 of you in a shared shuttle, or 80E for the 4 of you in a private shuttle.

They're waiting for you in arrivals, they have child seats too, loads less hassle than trying to get all of your bags and prams etc on a train or bus
      Sounds reasonably priced, although can't remember how much we paid for the train. But it was a pain trying to manage 2 kids, luggage and a pram on our own on the train.
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by MKJo View Post
      Sounds reasonably priced, although can't remember how much we paid for the train. But it was a pain trying to manage 2 kids, luggage and a pram on our own on the train.
      As a comparison, the VEA shuttle is 17E per person, per way :)

We've always flown and then the VEA shuttle. Last time it was about four hours from home till we were in the park!

Cath

Senior Cast Member DisneyHayley's Avatar
      We always fly and then the VEA if we're staying at Disney, although we have taken a shuttle a couple of times.

I'd like to take the Eurostar but the price of the train ticket from here to London, and then onto DLRP would be through the roof - Easyjet is much cheaper and Liverpool is only up the road for us.
      :) Me and DH - Married at WDW Aug 2010 :)

I've stayed at: All Star Movies, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (and sailed the Disney Wonder twice!)

Obsession, by Walt Disney Damfino's Avatar
      I've done it most ways, the only way I haven't done it is by car. I was thinking about taking the car to Ashford and catching the Eurostar from there. I liked flying as Bristol is only 2 and a half hours away, but, waiting for the bus was a pain,so if I did that again I would look at doing the transfers by train. My favourite way is the Eurostar as it takes you all the way, but, the 6 hour train ride and inevitable hotel stopovers which add hugely to the cost rules London out which is why I'm thinking of driving to and from Ashford as it cuts the hotels out. I would love to have the confidence to drive all the way, but, I don't so that option is out for me.

Junior Cast Member Minnietracey's Avatar
      We have flown 3x and used VEA and driven using Chunnel 4 times.
      We prefer the tunnel drive despite the 4 hours to get to folkstone from the South West.
      This time we stayed in the premier in overnight before getting an early crossing which broke the journey a little.
      We were going to drive to southhampton and get an overnight ferry last time but we missed out on the good deals due to family indecision.
      VEA is totally stressful we hate it. The time to travel, thewait to see if it actually wil arrive on time, the trafic, the crush to get on on and just poor organisation.
      The Chunnel is very good as if you don't make your slot or arrive earlier they will often allow you to transfer to a differrent time at little or no cost. Each time on the way home we have travelled on an earlier train.

Previous visits
      DLP
      SF 2005, SQL 2006, SF 2007, SQL2008, DLH 2009, HNY 2010, HNY 2011, HNY 2012
      WDW
      ASMo 2005, CB 2007, POP 2009, POFQ 2010, Beach Club 2012

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World