Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it worth extra for a disney hotel?

Just starting to get to grips with planning our Paris stay in July. We had provisionally booked a partner hotel but the reviews are not so good for July saying there is large unattended school groups making it very noisy!

Looking at the basic hotels at disney of Santa Fe and Cheyenne anyone been to those and know which is best? Are they worth the extra 300 more than the partner hotel?

Does anyone know the breakfast serving times cant find these anywhere I want to know how late the serve to.

Finally is the magic there in the hotels just like in WDW or are they just like normal hotels.

If anyone has info on cheap transfers to paris and DLP would be grateful as the VEA is 180 return for us all that is shocking!!

Thanks for any info

I stayed at Newport Bay when we visited.
      To be honest I dont think they have the same feel as an onsite hotel at WDW but then nothing like DLRP is quite like WDW!
      They hotel was nice and it was great being walking distance from the parks (the busses are a nightmare)
      I have never stayed at a partner hotel so I dont have anything to compare it with. I know they do get extremly busy with school trips though (I am an agent and I generally warn people of this in the height of season)
      Trish
      xxx

Never stayed in a partner hotel (although almost booked the explorers before), however I would definitely stay in one over an official hotel if the price difference is 300!

I know in the official hotels, they serve breakfast until 10am

As for transfers, try a shared/private shuttle bus or the TGV train
      Visited DLP 6 times
      Visited WDW twice
      Visited DL twice

hi, we have not stayed in a disneyland paris hotel so can't comment on the magic, but have stayed at the explorers hotel, it is nice clean and has its own free shutle bus which departs about every 20 mins and takes about 10- 15 mins to get to the parks, breakfast is included in the price but its a cold buffet of cheese bread spreads meats and pastries we book through a company called benotel have just been looking for our trip in oct and the cost for a double room is 220 euros for a 3 night stay
      hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by carlene View Post
      hi, we have not stayed in a disneyland paris hotel so can't comment on the magic, but have stayed at the explorers hotel, it is nice clean and has its own free shutle bus which departs about every 20 mins and takes about 10- 15 mins to get to the parks, breakfast is included in the price but its a cold buffet of cheese bread spreads meats and pastries we book through a company called benotel have just been looking for our trip in oct and the cost for a double room is 220 euros for a 3 night stay
      hope this helps
      It is a cold buffet in all of the disney hotels apart from the Disneyland Hotel
      Trish
      xxx

you can pay extra and have a hot breakfast at explorers

can't remember the price but remember thinking it wasn't worth it

carlene

Quote Originally Posted by Tishypops View Post
      It is a cold buffet in all of the disney hotels apart from the Disneyland Hotel
      There is definitely a hot breakfast at HNY too, and I believe you can pay extra to have it at Newport Bay and perhaps Sequioa Lodge
      Visited DLP 6 times
      Visited WDW twice
      Visited DL twice

Earning My Ears
      Stayed in hotel new York and Newport bay during last 12 months and both had hot food at breakfast

We've stayed at both the Newport Bay and the Disneyland Hotel. I did enjoy the Newport Bay but it's definitely not got the magic of the WDW hotels. It's a nice hotel, clean and the breakfast was okay but it's a huge hotel and I thought that it was in need of some redecoration. The Disneyland hotel is fabulous although really expensive and I'd be really reluctant to pay the prices that they're now asking as I'd sooner put the money towards a WDW trip.

I've not stayed in a partner hotel although we're taking a group of our kids to the Kyriad hotel in October (68) so I know that this is a hotel that does cater for large groups. Our lot definitely won't be unattended but I can't speak for other groups and originally we were planning to go in July but changed our mind due to holiday dates etc.

Cath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World