Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you have...

...a curiosity box? What's. In it?

I have a glass topped box where I keep my bits and pieces of special "stuff" that I have collected over the years. I have some lovely bits I found on Portobello Road, at Stone Henge, in St Albans - as well as things I've found here at home over the years.

What's in your curiosity box?
      *~*~* Donna *~*~*

I have two. One in the kitchen where I have angels, little church buildings and Quaker dressed people and little things that are marked "Alliance, Ohio" cause that's where we live.

The other one is in my sewing/craft room and it has a bit of everything. Miniatures collected over the years, a few things from Disney and things I got from my mom's house I found when she passed a way.

How do you decide what to add to your collection? What makes you say 'I want to save this'?
      *~*~* Donna *~*~*

Name:  100_0112.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  98.1 KB

This is the kitchen one. I have my favorite angels here. I love the Quaker guys because we are Quakers/Friends. Nine years ago we had a litter of puppies and one of the families who adopted one of our puppies bought me a Precious Moments ornaments of a little girl with a wagon full of five puppies which represented our puppies. I collect the Alliance, Ohio stuff because our little city is famous for developing the scarlet carnation. We have a big old party every year city-wide. I found a lot of the little things at the Goodwill.

Name:  100_0113.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  63.9 KB

90% of this curio was stuff I found at my mom's house when she died. I just couldn't leave it there. My brother would have just pitched it. There are a few Disney things. It is more of a memorial to my childhood and having things I know my mom saved for years. There are two little pitchers ....one yellow...one white. My dad made them for my mom when he worked at the Royal China company.
      Last edited by dizneymom; 01-02-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Jon
      I have a small box which holds a few special items I’ve accumulated. One of them is a Soviet badge handed down to me from my late Grandad from WW2. I believe it was part of a hat decoration, but sadly I never learnt the story behind it, or how he came to own it. Also have a commemaritive 5 coin from the wedding of Charles and Diana, various other currency and the odd Disney item (tickets, passes etc) from past visits.

Got an old box tucked away somewhere that has a few bits that used to belong to my late Grandma. Should really have a proper one for other bits and bobs as I like collecting things.
      The girls both have a memory box (both full to top and need another) which has everything since their birth - hospital wrist bands, birthday & Christmas cards, postcards, school memories, etc.
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

I started one for each of my kids. I collected all newspaper articles that has their name in it. DD's photo was in a Garden magazine letters to the editor so I kept the whole magazine. Kept their report cards until they went computerized. Have a VHS/DVD of all their appearances on stage..orchestra concerts, choir concerts and musicals. Plus all the stuff they got at the hospital when they were born or treated later. You get a little bracelet when you go to the ER.

I now have the jewelry box that my father gave to my mom when they first started dating . I put my piece of amolite gem flat rocks/stones from my last carribean cruise , the tri centennial coin from our town's celebration , my bi centennial quater and 1/2 dollar saved from the year I graduated and other trinkets I'm saving for my granddaughter . :D

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

Obsession, by Walt Disney Damfino's Avatar
      Not so much a curiosity box, but my late DH Navy suitcase is filled with momentos of his life. His Petty Officers uniform and flying suit, which I'll never part with, but, also his Mess Undress, the formal event uniform he wore just one to the PO's ball, but, I have no real emotional attachment to. His service record, photos of him on duty and lots of press cuttings from rescues he was involved in and the invitation from Buckingham Palace when we were invited to have lunch with Prince Charles at Balmoral for the Scottish rescue services as well as lots of other little bits and pieces from his life. DD has never seen them and I think it could be time to show her.
      I also have a box of things from when DD was born, the Sun and Daily Mirror from the day she was born, hospital wristbands and other little bits and pieces, plus a Freemans shopping catalogue. While the fashions weren't that interesting to look back on it was the electricals and how much they cost in relation to today which was the gobsmacker, especially the camcorder yu had to carry around on your shoulder, it's amazing how things have shrunk in just 21 years.

BTW, Prince Charles is an amazing person, William and Harry definitely follow him with their senses of humour.
      Last edited by Damfino; 01-17-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World