1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Do You Dine Around MNSSHP and MVMCP

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Dining & Restaurants' started by TimonAndPumba, Apr 3, 2012.

1. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

What is your best plan of action to dine when the party's are on? :D

I hear they start at 7pm and go on until midnight... we usually have dinner slots around 8ish - so what do you do to make the best of the Party and ensure you eat too?

Is counter service the best strategy :unsure: Or do you do a sit down meal? We'd definitely prefer a sit down meal, but at the expense of two hours of a five hour party, it might not be the best plan!! Or is the answer an early dinner... but even so, can't you get into MK from 4pm on the party nights??

2. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

I would either eat before the event or make it a night of counter service or snacks. You can make an ADR...but remeber that a restuarant within a park requires park admission--if that park has a special ticketed event then that special ticket would be the needed admission for that time. On the plus side ADR's durring the MNSSHP and MVMCP are not as difficult to obtain ( I'm not sure if all of the resturants are operating durring those events), but you would still be cutting into party time while dinning if you do a sit down meal.

3. PaulaK

PaulaK Administrator

We went to the Wave for an early dinner (around 6pm) then walked over. We're rarely more than an hour at dinner, they want you in and out these days and it's all too rushed IMO. You can indeed enter the park from 4pm on your party ticket.

4. tweenie123

tweenie123 Active Member

For MNSSHP we ate in the Castle at about 7pm. For the Christmas party we've done counter service and also eaten in the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World at the character meal about 5pm. Apart from the parade and fireworks I don't think there's a great deal to see/do at the parties - they're good to do at least once and MNSSHP is well worth doing for the costumes alone. If you eat during party hours, I think you'll still have plenty of time to see all that you want of the party.

5. USCWest

USCWest Administrator

We generally eat at LTT for both. We generally eat relatively early anyway and since we have APs we are also most normally already in the park and just pick up our wrist bands there.

6. Jon

Jon Administrator

Home Page:
    We just grabbed counter service at Cosmic Ray’s last time we did MNSSHP. I had a visit to the Pirates League beforehand so didn’t fancy anything within a sit-down setting (although I’m sure many others aren’t bothered). As we were there shortly after the 4pm admission time, it didn’t really affect our dining time any.

7. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

We ate at CP before the parties at 5.30pm and then was free to enjoy the party

8. ThinkTink

ThinkTink New Member

We've only done MNSSHP, once, so ate at CHH. We knew though, that we'd probably never get to go again, so wanted to take full advantage of the night.

using Tapatalk

9. TimonAndPumba

We might be able to squeeze a trip in October/November next year and if we plan it right, we could do both MNSSHP and MVMCP! We might do an early MK dinner I think :D

10. littlepickering

littlepickering New Member

We did MVMCP this past November, we went straight into the park after checking into the hotel and had trouble getting dinner since we didn't have ADR's and several counter service restaurants were not serving food just cookies and hot chocolate!!!!! Next time I will make sure to have an early dinner!!!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?m4plfi

11. SportsMickey

SportsMickey A walking SportsCenter

Cosmic Rays is always open during the parties - the lines are quite long, but it's open

12. GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck Mad about the Duck

We have an early sit down dinner at MK, usually at Tony's.

13. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

If I remember correctly Debi and I had a late lunch around 4pm in the magic kingdom. That way we were in the park and could take our time and wouldn't be starving in the middle of the party.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?j0p2xp
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. TimonAndPumba

Early dinner / late lunch is going to be our strategy :yes: Now we just have to decide where!!

We don't want to be too full for the sweets or cocoa and cookies later on :D

15. USCWest

USCWest Administrator

When we did the MVMCP we got hot chocolate and cookies at Cosmic Rays. Donna was excited because they were snickerdoodles. I don't recall seeing any other food being served there.

16. Bec

Bec New Member

Cosmic rays serve the full menu during the parties. You can get hot choc and cookies from the tomorrow land terrace.