1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preferred method of getting to DLP

Discussion in 'General Disneyland Paris Discussion' started by MKJo, Aug 22, 2011.

1. MKJo

MKJo Administrator

For those who have visited DLP before, what's your preferred method of getting there?
    (Eurostar, fly, ferry)

2. Pinoke76

Pinoke76 New Member

I prefer the flight and train combination over the flight and coach combination. I found it quicker and more reliable.
    We had bad traffic on the way back with the coach and almost missed our flight. Wouldn't risk the roads again :(
    The Eurostar doesn't work for us now it has moved from Waterloo, and I couldn't imagine taking the time with the ferry

3. AlecK

AlecK A Pirate's Life For Me

Car and eurotunnel for us :)

4. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma New Member

Plane and train transfer :)

Would be a long drive from scotland, and although I'd love to go by eurostar, its more expensive to get a train to london and then the eurostar

5. MKJo

MKJo Administrator

We're looking at maybe going early next year (pretty much ruled out October half term) but not sure how to get there.
    Done flight & train before - almost missed train due to time took finding our carriage which put me off a bit. Also absoluteky hated CDG.
    Last time we drove & got ferry which took forever, then Soph was very sick on ferry back :sick:
    Idea of Eurotunnel freaks me out :afraid:

6. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma New Member

What about flight and bus? or Flight and private transfer?

7. USCWest

USCWest Administrator

So how does this Eurotunnel thing work then? You drive down to Folkstone or up to Calais, load your car on the train and go? Or do you drive through the tunnel. If it is the latter I'm not sure I could handle that. If it is the train what is the difference in that train and Eurostar?

8. MKJo

MKJo Administrator

Flight & private transfer sounds expensive :lol:
    Not keen on the bus due to time it takes and having to stop off at other hotels.

9. MKJo

MKJo Administrator

Eurotunnel, you drive your car on into a compartment and stay with your car the whole journey. Eurostar is just like a regular train.

10. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma New Member

It sounds expensive, but its not! One example is here: http://www.parishuttle.com/

Special offer at the moment, would be 19E per person for the 4 of you in a shared shuttle, or 80E for the 4 of you in a private shuttle.

They're waiting for you in arrivals, they have child seats too, loads less hassle than trying to get all of your bags and prams etc on a train or bus

11. PaulaK

PaulaK Administrator

Eurotunnel is the easiest IMO. It's just over 20 minutes and you can get out of your car to stretch your legs.

12. MKJo

MKJo Administrator

Thought it was longer than that. Might be an option then, although we'd still have to drive either side which is a pain.

13. MKJo

MKJo Administrator

Sounds reasonably priced, although can't remember how much we paid for the train. But it was a pain trying to manage 2 kids, luggage and a pram on our own on the train.

14. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma New Member

As a comparison, the VEA shuttle is 17E per person, per way :)

15. tweenie123

tweenie123 Active Member

We've always flown and then the VEA shuttle. Last time it was about four hours from home till we were in the park!

16. DisneyHayley

DisneyHayley New Member

We always fly and then the VEA if we're staying at Disney, although we have taken a shuttle a couple of times.

I'd like to take the Eurostar but the price of the train ticket from here to London, and then onto DLRP would be through the roof - Easyjet is much cheaper and Liverpool is only up the road for us.

17. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

I've done it most ways, the only way I haven't done it is by car. I was thinking about taking the car to Ashford and catching the Eurostar from there. I liked flying as Bristol is only 2 and a half hours away, but, waiting for the bus was a pain,so if I did that again I would look at doing the transfers by train. My favourite way is the Eurostar as it takes you all the way, but, the 6 hour train ride and inevitable hotel stopovers which add hugely to the cost rules London out which is why I'm thinking of driving to and from Ashford as it cuts the hotels out. I would love to have the confidence to drive all the way, but, I don't so that option is out for me.

18. Minnietracey

Minnietracey New Member

We have flown 3x and used VEA and driven using Chunnel 4 times.
    We prefer the tunnel drive despite the 4 hours to get to folkstone from the South West.
    This time we stayed in the premier in overnight before getting an early crossing which broke the journey a little.
    We were going to drive to southhampton and get an overnight ferry last time but we missed out on the good deals due to family indecision.
    VEA is totally stressful we hate it. The time to travel, thewait to see if it actually wil arrive on time, the trafic, the crush to get on on and just poor organisation.
    The Chunnel is very good as if you don't make your slot or arrive earlier they will often allow you to transfer to a differrent time at little or no cost. Each time on the way home we have travelled on an earlier train.

19. Trevski220

Trevski220 New Member

I've been several times and tried flying and eurostar, and for me eurostar is by far the best option, so easy arriving pretty much right at the gates, nice and simple and reasonable prices too

20. MKJo

MKJo Administrator

Can you leave the car at Ashford while you go on eurostar?