Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Bec

Thumbs up Waldorf Astoria Orlando feedback

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
      So as you know I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in August and as promised Iam going to write a review. So here goes...
      The Waldorf Astoria is located in the Bonnet Creek area on WDW property. We loved the location. It is close enough to the attractions but set away from everything.
      The Orlando Waldorf Astoria is built as a small replica to the NYC one.

Hotel
      As you approach its not hugely grand on the outside. All parking is Valet and the valet guys are great – so helpful and pleasant. Cars are quickly collected and returned and there are lovely big comfy sofas to sit on while you wait. There was a constant stream if limousines on the driveway too.
      The lobby area is beautiful, very elegant and so quiet! Lots of people in suits, obviously having business meetings as opposed to vacationing. A elegant bar area opens out to huge windows which overlook the pool area and in the centre of the lobby is a clock a replica of the NYC one.
      We used the valet guys again for arranging a cab over to the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World and again they were great.

Rooms
      Check in was super quick we had booked deluxe rooms with Disney view. We could watch illuminations and the fireworks from fantasmic from the room.
      Turndown service was perfect, all bins emptied, clean towels, chocolates..
      The rooms are very quiet and the beds are so comfortable!

Eating
      Breakfast was taken at the casual eating place. Buffet , menu, omelette station. Service was poor but not because the people were not nice just didn’t seem to have a clue. Breakfast was delicious though. Service was slightly better the second day.
      Room service menu is extensive and is priced on a par with Disney deluxe resorts.

Pool
      Pool is fabulous! The attendant prepares your sunbed for you with huge towels etc. When they see you’ve used a towel they come and replace it with a fresh one. Zero entry pool was perfect for the kidlets. Bar staff take orders from around the pool constantly throughout the day.

Thoughts
      An elegant hotel that I would definitely recommend. Luxurious rooms, great pool and fantastic location. We’re staying at the Waldorf Astoria NYC in March – look forward to comparing!

Any questions?

Sounds great Bec, did you check out the restaurants at dinner ?
      Alec

Bec
      No we didn't Al sorry the one night we were in epcot and the other we were on the cruise with you guys. If the room service was anything to go by it was delish.

No worries Hun, I was just wondering if it was worth a ride out one night. The room service is usually a pretty good guide so it sounds like it's worth a visit
      Alec

Thanks for the review Bec, it's somewhere else to think about.

Cath

Jon
      It definitely sounds as you would hope it to be, very nice indeedy :D Shame about the service but maybe the staff are still learning the ropes. Hopefully that’ll improve. Thanks for the review!

Any pics of the rooms Bec and how much was valet parking?
      Paula

No countdowns.

Bec
      I have pics if the room Hun. I'll upload when I get home. I'll look up the valet prices too.

JoR
      Senior Cast Member
      Bec, thank you for the review. One thing to keep in mind about the NYC Waldorf is it is a very old hotel. Kept very nice and amazing looking lobby. The food options in the hotel are on the expensive side but plenty of better priced options nearby

We are in New York City often as we don't live far and often go in for dinner or just to spend the day
      ---
      Jo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World