Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
      Do you ever have a problem with people coming standing in front of your tripod blocking the view once you've set up?
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

In the mid-Main St. picture you can see that I did. However, I didn't have my tripod extended all the way up, so could have potentially 'cropped' some of those people out just by being over their heads. It doesn't ever seem to be a problem if I'm in the hub (the blue fireworks pic), I don't know why that is, maybe because there's not that much room for as many people as standing directly in the middle of the street.
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

I'll head for the hub then!
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by MKJo View Post
      I'll head for the hub then!
      That's your best bet. People will give you very weird looks. One 'tip' that I do with my camera when setting it up is to put it on live-view, that way if the camera is higher than your eye, you can see what it sees for centering purposes, etc. Once I get it all set up though, I turn live-view off because that can drain your battery quick!
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

Junior Cast Member SorcererMickey's Avatar
      This is the tripod Wal-Mart sells.

Name:  tripod.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  68.7 KB

Mouse Collector
      My tripod was free, I use my mums shoulders

The closer you are to the castle, a few things happen -
      1) you have to point your camera up, so the bottom of the frame is farther from the ground - thus less heads
      2) people have been lined up there a lot longer and most are sitting down for the show. People get tired of standing after a while.

I have set up a tripod right in front of the Photopass guy on Main Street a lot of times. Like TT said, you just gotta be conscious of people walking by. But its defintiely do-able.

When looking for a tripod, I'd suggest getting one light weight. Carbon Fiber or aluminum. Because carrying it around all day gets heavy after a while...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World