1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Advice on buying a Disney Vacation Club contract resale

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club' started by afriendinme, Aug 26, 2016.

1. afriendinme

afriendinme New Member

So, I'm currently buying a contract resale, the closing date was scheduled to be for yesterday, though I haven't gotten confirmation that it's done yet. We have plane tickets purchased for November 2-9 that we got at a steal. Now I know it's gonna take a few weeks for Disney to get us in the system and give us the "keys to the magic", so I'm getting really concerned about how close I am going to be running to my vacation dates and what availability I am going to see when I'm finally able to log in and make a reservation.

We used to be members at AKV but sold that contract a little over a year ago, so I know how quickly things book up. I've been hearing how booked solid October is and it's really got me worried...

What I'm hoping to hear from anyone is that all hope may not be lost? That even at less than 2 months something may be available! I've never booked a Dvc resort on this short of notice before, so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm even willing to do split stays, I'm just praying I have something available when I'm finally able to book!

Thanks in advance!!

2. gabi

gabi New Member

Nope. Nov 2-9 Food & Wine is still going on. On the board that shall not be named people are looking for rooms around your time and there's pretty much nothing.

Basically by this time of year, you might find a few Sept dates but other than that, there isn't much.

Hope it works out but your slim chances are leaving town, if not gone.