1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beach Club vs Yacht Club

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Resort Hotels & Accomodation' started by DisneyHayley, Aug 27, 2011.

1. DisneyHayley

DisneyHayley New Member

Thanks to my new job (which I haven't started yet, but I'm already planning how to spend the money!) we've said that we're definitely going back to WDW next year despite wanting to save for a house deposit :blush: I'm definitely not booking until I finish my Ph.D. as I need that incentive to make me finish, so we might book hopefully in March/April next year. I am definitely using this as an excuse for a "celebration" visit so I deserve a top notch holiday after 4.5 years hard work :wink:

DH is adamant he wants to stay at the Contemporary again, MK view. We got an amazing deal last time so I think it depends on discounts available but we might stay a few nights or a week.

I'd love to stay a week at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World or Poly, but would also like to try somewhere new. We visited both the Yacht Club and Beach Club this May and really liked the look of both and I like the fact you can walk to Epcot! I would like to go Oct/Nov next year for the F&WF but depends on cost, holiday time, etc. so we might go June - Sept too.

So a VERY long-winded (when am I ever not :D) thread to ask which resort do you prefer and why? The Yacht or Beach?

2. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

I HATE the Beach Club, it stinks of fish and the lobby is always full of tourists. :lol: The Yacht Club is much classier and feels more luxurious IMO. We were supposed to stay at the Dolphin this trip but checked out after 1 night and headed to the YC.

3. DisneyHayley

DisneyHayley New Member

:lol: I forgot that the buffet place was practically in the lobby! It was closed whilst we were visiting (lunchtime!)

I do think that the YC lobby feels more luxurious than the BC. I'd actually love to stay at the BoardWalk Inn Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando but the price difference between them is sometimes ridiculous!

Can you use both pools if you stay at either?

4. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Yes, they share Stormalong Bay and each has a quiet pool. The BoardWalk Inn Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando is by far my favourite Boardwalk resort though. :wink:

5. AlecK

AlecK A Pirate's Life For Me

There shouldn't be much difference in price between BoardWalk Inn Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando and YC/BC though through the US booking system :)

6. JanUK

JanUK New Member

Yay - go in october - we'll be there:wink:. It's a lovely time to visit - you not only get the f&wf but also MNSSHP & HHN too - what's not to like :wink:

7. DisneyHayley

DisneyHayley New Member

A lot of food for thought! There's just something about the BoardWalk Inn Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando that I LOVE.

I managed to catch the first MNSSHP in Sept 2008 and really loved it! NBC is one of my favourite films ever ever and Haunted Mansion is probably my favourite ride in WDW so I loved hearing the music everywhere :) Would love to go again! I've wanted to go to F&WF since forever so Oct/Nov definitely appeals!

Oooh I've just seen that MVMCP starts on Nov 8th this year - wonder if timing was good we might be able to hit them all! :) When do Xmas decs usually go up?

8. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

We stayed at BC last year - its in a great spot and yes it does smell fishy and of burnt cheese in the evening. We are staying at the YC next year. Just love the location

9. GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck Mad about the Duck

Another vote for Yacht Club. It just has a nicer feel to me.

10. Debi

Debi Moderator

Well we loved the Beach Club when we stayed there for Jo/Jo's wedding, but now that Paula mentions it , it did smell a bit like seafood . So next year for our 25th , we are planning on staying at the YC . I just love being close to Epcot and Stormalong Bay .

11. AlecK

AlecK A Pirate's Life For Me

It's also worth pointing out as well that the BC has loads of rooms without balconies, if you prefer one the YC is the better option to get one.

12. DisneyHayley

DisneyHayley New Member

Thank you for the thoughts :) Seems the overwhelming response is in favour of the YC!!

13. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

Just based on visiting the resorts, rather than stays, we really like the Yatch Club too :yes:

14. jarretth

jarretth New Member

If you time it right, you can just squeeze in the last MNSSHP dates (there is usually one a day or two after halloween), F&W and the first of the MVMCP date in a two week holiday. I think that the main decs aren't up around WDW and the hotels until after thanksgiving.

Have to say though that having Christmas celebrations on a balmy early November evening is a bit strange.

15. akdisneygirl

akdisneygirl New Member

I will also add a vote for the Yacht Club. It is just quieter, more low key than the Beach Club-I love the decor of the YC lobby. We also enjoy the Beach Club, but the Yacht has always been our first choice if we can get a room there. We love not only Stormalong Bay, but the quiet pool at YC. Love being able to do laundry and swim at the same time. BC has a better store, you can't get warm food in the YC store, but that never bothered us-it isn't a far walk even from the farthest rooms at the YC. Good luck, what a nice decision to make!