1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!
  1. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

We're having a debate about the best room we've ever stayed in on property. I loved our room when we stayed at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World in Sago Cay - we had a view of the lake and could watch the mononrail and if we 'stretched' could just about see the MK fireworks. Then again, I really liked our most recent room at the BoardWalk Villas Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando at Christmas, mainly for the location factor to the Boardwalk.

Our biggest room was at the Poly or maybe Contemporary? Bryan has just said that he can't remember us ever having a bad room. I wasn't too keen on the room we had when we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World many years ago, simply because it was so far away from Old Port Royale.

Over to you..............do you have a 'best' room that you've stayed in over the years?

2. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

I think our best room was at Sugar Loaf at GF. The first time we stayed we had a room situated right beside the elevator in the hallway. It was nice, but the next time we had a corner room and it was considerably bigger. We also had a balcony on the corner room. But we really never had a bad room.

3. Jon

Jon Moderator

Well, its hard to beat the honeymoon suite at the GF. You had a panoramic view looking out over the seven seas Lagoon, from the MK around to the wedding pavillion and the room itself was huge. Being on the concierge level was a big plus too.
    I loved the location of our room at the Boardwalk last year. It was on the 2nd floor and looked out over the courtyard. Also meant you could see the boats coming and going from the dock and all the general goings on of the boardwalk. The room itself though (1 bed villa) was a little rough around the edges but still roomy and comfortable, plus you have the jacuzzi bath! :thumbs:

4. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

I guess I would have to say that our best room was the free upgrade to a Savannah Room at Animal Kingdom Lodge resort at Walt Disney World.

5. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

6. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

7. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

When we stayed in the WL in 1999 we had a Jr Suite. It was pretty spacious and the queen size four poster beds were real posh, but sine that trip it has been mostly value resorts and the cabins. Have to admit that the family suite at All Star Music made for a nice trip (having a seperate bedroom for mom and dad was a real plus).

8. Debbie

Debbie New Member

The rooms we had both times we stayed in at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World - Conch Key, Magic Kingdom/Castle View - perfect :thumbs:

9. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Beach Club - Club Level - it was massive. Plenty of room when you have 2 teenagers

10. mcduck

mcduck Member

We had some real nice rooms with great views at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World but the best room we ever had was at the old, now torn down Disney Institute. Kitchen which they cleaned daily,dinning area,large TV room,2 masterbedrooms with huge walk in bath areas. My favorite was another bathroom down stairs which was mine only. I mention the kitchen because since I get up early our housekeeper would have coffee every morning with me and she was so nice. I would talk to her about her family she missed from Mexio. It was a nice 20 min. a day talking to a new found friend. When I tried to help her with clean up she gave me hell. She missed her family alot. Sitting on the patio with her and talking was relaxing. Never met anyone else like her, WDW I bet would not like her mingling with the guests but she was ready to work as soon as the su. came up. Plus the room was 50 dollars a day cheaper than a room at a moderate type hotel on Disney. 2 floors,4 TVs and 3 bathrooms could not beat it. Mcduck

11. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

Wow, one day I will stay at something other than a moderate. I have had nice rooms both at PORS and Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW and as I was alone I had plenty of space to stretch out and they were in nice locations close to everything, November 09 room number 1804 in Alligator Bayou was perfect and last trip it was ground floor building 3, I think room number 3136, anyway, close to the shop and foodcourt, a minute walk to the bus stop, quiet except for the squirrels and just refurbished, wouldn't mind that one again

12. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

2 that really stand out are the time we booked a 1 bed and got an upgrade to a 3 bed villa at BLT, we had downstairs, the kids each had a 'wing' upstairs :lol: and the 2 bed suite at the CR when we only booked 1 room on the 12th and got comped to the 14th with MK view.....very nice!!

Other faves that we book are the BoardWalk Inn Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando deluxe club room (huge and sleeps 6) and The Poly MK view club. At the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World we had a fab oversize room in Sugar Loaf and any free upgrade to the main building there works for me! :D

13. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Some pics of the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World Sugar Loaf room. There's a door to the right in the turret part that leads to a balcony overlooking the pool. As there was no day bed in this room and the girls refuse to share, they kindly offered us a rollaway which Lois bagged down the bottom of the room. She also had her own TV down there. :hehe: I'd love to get this room again in July :fingers:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Another of our favourites. Deluxe room at the Boardwalk Inn. [​IMG]

15. littlepickering

littlepickering New Member

We had a great room in the Rapa Nui area of the Poly when we went 4 years ago. It was on the first floor and our patio was near the sand and looking toward the wedding pavillion. Very lush and peacful I would take the kids out to play in the sand.

16. Alanandali

Alanandali New Member

Not had a bad room, either at Yacht Club (where we stayed the first trip) or BoardWalk Villas Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando (where we've stayed 8 times since). We always stay in studios at BoardWalk Villas Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando and if able to choose prefer the ones overlooking the Boardwalk grassy bit. Also like a high floor as the trees have grown over the years and its hard to see out of the lower floors now!
    Ali

17. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

Paula, is that classed as a 1 bedroom?

18. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

No Cath, it's a deluxe room, club level at The Inn. There are 10 on 2 floors. They're slightly more than a regular club room but sleep 6 and the fabulous BW view is guaranteed because they're all above the bakery/FF/Kouzina.

19. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

They'd be a bit too big for us then. I'm just thinking about Christmas and maybe we'll end up with a split stay at Kidani and BoardWalk Villas Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando (if I can get it on a waitlist) I'll probably have to pay cash for a couple of nights. I need to look at this properly and work out what we need.

It looks an amazing room though!