1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can you spare a sprinkling of pixie dust for me?

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by Damfino, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

Last week came into work just as the area manager was leaving. One of our team leaders had spoken to her about the problems with the managers and the area manager wanted anyone with anything to say to contact her. I sent off an email with all the issues including the bullying to her, she's on an Easter break so won't get it until Tuesday, went into work to find everyone else who said they'd contact her have backed out, I know they haven't had the bullying, but, they have had problems with the main manager in particular and had all talked about saying something about it. Anyway, at the moment it looks like it's just me and the team leader, who has also experienced bullying from these women, so a little pixie dust for us both would be appreciated, hoping that we will be taken seriously and that something is done with all the nonsense that is going on at work. Thanks xx

2. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

Thinking of you.:pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust:

3. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

:pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust: Hope everything gets sorted for you and the bullies get what they deserve

4. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

Good luck! I am having similar issues at my job. The manager isn't a bully, she is just really hateful and gets pissed off when you "bother" her. So far I am the only one at my store who has told the district manager about her, but two managers at another location have also complained about her. So far no action has been taken.

What really pissed me off was the fact that she was transferred to our store the last week of December. A week later I went to help at another store for over two months and the I went on vacation. I called her the day before I went on vacation to let her know I would be back at our store when I returned on march 14 and that on march 27 I would have surgery and be back no sooner than two weeks. She said "you are only going to take two weeks off because if I have to go any longer without an assistant I'm going to walk out of this place." First, SHE approved my vacation, second, I didn't ask or volunteer to go to these other stores and third, I HAVE to have surgery and get fixed or I will be worthless. I thought it was funny when I had to go work at another store from the time I got back from my trip until I had surgery lol and then the dr said I needed almost a month off. In a way I see it as sweet revenge.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fucf4p
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. greatdanedaddy

greatdanedaddy New Member

Good luck and be strong.

6. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

Sorry to hear that the others have become gutless. Good luck.

:pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust:

7. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

Good for you for standing up to the bullies... I hope the others see sense too... regardless, I hope the bullying is taken seriously and is sorted for you :hug:

:pixiedust: :pixiedust: :pixiedust:

8. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

:pixiedust: Hope that it all works out for you...don't cave (like the rest) the only way to stop a bully is to stand up to them
    :pixiedust:
    :pixiedust:
    :pixiedust: :pixiedust:

9. Damfino

Thanks for all your good wishes. It is pretty nutty there, I can't say too much at the moment, but, it is jaw dropping what those closely linked to the boss and her deputy are getting away with, I really don't know how they have got away with it for so long. If the area manager does listen and takes a look at what is going on then there could be a lot of people for the high jump.

10. Debi

Debi Moderator

Best of Luck to you . ************

11. Damfino

Back to work after the Easter break, I think the Area manager should get the email today so I don't know how they'll be to me. I also went through my pay slips as I had a huge chunk taken from February's wages and I wasn't satisfied with the explanation, I was right to check, I worked a load of extra days in January to help them out when they were short on Sundays and that was paid correctly in January's pay, but all those hours were taken off Februarys wages, so I'm going to have to sort it out today, not looking forward to it as the boss will try to BS me again like she did in February, but, I'm prepared now. At the moment I can see me quitting this job very soon, it's not worth the stress, my pensions are adequate, my savings aren't doing much, so why not use some of them instead for my hols, I'm pretty stupid really.

12. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

Have you guys seen the iPhone app called kick the boss? Basically it's an animated "boss" that insults you saying you'll never get a promotion etc. and you get to throw tacks and pens at him and blow him up with grenades :). I just wish I could customize him to resemble my boss lol. Anyways, it's a little bit of a stress relief if you use your imagination.

13. Damfino

Thanks, Im going to get that one, was ready to slap her when I went in to sort out my owed wages, she wouldn't listen to what I was saying in the end she said she'd look into it, she admitted she stillhasnthentime sheets we sign when we are at work and I do mine religiously, if she says I'm not owed then I'll ask to see them and do the simple myths to show her.

14. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

Sending PD :pixiedust: :pixiedust: :pixiedust:

15. Debi

Debi Moderator

More Pixiedust for you sweetie ***************

16. GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck Mad about the Duck

Good luck! Hope this helps. I've had my share of bully bosses..........

:tink::pixiedust::pixiedust::tink2:

:dust::pixiedust::pixiedust::wand:

17. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

I don't know how you've stuck it out so long. So glad i'm self employed!
    :pixiedust::pixiedust: :pixiedust:

18. Damfino

It goes towards the holidays, but, I have a tidy savings pot that is getting precious little in the way of interest, even ISAs are pretty rubbish, so I'm asking,myself is it all worth it, working rubbish shifts that no one else wants to do, with all this hassle when I actually don't need to. Taking some of the savings for the hols instead and build them up when interest rates improve may be a better option, I will see what happens regarding the wages I'm owed and to see of they do anything about the nonsense with the managers then make the decision. Not looking good for me carrying on to be honest.

19. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Just look after yourself, the hassle isnt worth it. If you can afford it - tell the boss what you think and leave