1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Car Rental Photos & Reviews

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Planning' started by MKJo, May 27, 2011.

1. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

If you've hired a car whilst in Orlando, please post a mini review here to help others.

If possible please post the following info with your review:

* Who you booked through (US Rent a Car, Holiday Autos, etc)
    * Which car rental company (Budget, Avis, Dollar, etc)
    * What size car you booked
    * What model of car you actually got
    * Was it big enough?

You can also post a picture if you have one.

Hopefully this will help other members who are going to book car rental :)

** Please do not post questions on car hire in this thread as they will be moved, please start a new thread. **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

US Rent A Car

Budget Rent A Car

2. Pinoke76

Pinoke76 New Member

Alamo.co.uk

We got a car from Alamo for the second week of our May 2011 holiday.
    We were undecided before travelling, so didn't book it until 2 hours before we wanted it.
    The booking process was easy, and we chose a standard car for £180 on Alamo Gold.
    The website said it was an 8 day booking because every separate day counts, but the lady at the counter said that as long as we returned it by 13:00 on the last day we would only have to pay for 7 days :thumbs: The final bill ended up at £161 which included all insurances and a tank of petrol :)
    She gave us a Ford Fusion, 4 door car which was plenty big enough for us. I think we booked a Standard car and were given an intermediate. The price difference between these cars is about £5 - so it was irrelevant to us as long as we got a 4 door for our luggage on the way home :unsure:

Collection from the Dolphin was awesome, you go to a counter at the back of reception. There they ask you a couple of questions, check your licence and then hand you keys and send you to valet parking at the front of the building. They collect your car and off you go.
    Could it be any easier?!? :)

On the last day we were able to load 3 cases and our hand luggage into the boot, and 2 large cases on the back seats.

It drove well, was good on petrol and was easy to park.

I'd give Alamo 9 out of 10. :clap:

Attached Files:

3. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

We booked our car with Budget through USrentacar. We paid a £50 deposit and the rest 8 weeks before. We booked and received a 7 seater SUV to be collected at MCO for 16 nights. All went smoothly at the airport, we pre-registered so went straight out to the garage where there was no-one in line. It was quick and easy and we were on our way in 5 minutes. The car was a Ford Expedition and had around 500 miles on the clock. It had electric folding seats, a parking camera and was plenty big enough for 4 people and our 7 cases coming home. :hehe:

[​IMG]

4. greatdanedaddy

greatdanedaddy New Member

In 2001 we were at WDW on 9/11. We knew we would not be able to fly home for some time. We had rented a car through National Car Rental. They allowed us to keep the car and drive it from Orlando back to Denver, CO. They did not charge us any one-way charges. No intrastate charges. No mileage charges. They only charged us for any extra days we kept the vehicle as the same rate, which was two days.

I've always rented from National since then whenever I have to rent a call. I had rented a midsize. The cost was vary compairable to other rental cars.

I've always found National to have good prices. Their bypass the counter is very nice as you get out of the airport and go right to the isle with your car level.

Checkin has always been very quick and accurate.

John

5. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Same as my above post, this was a 7 seater SUV from Budget, booked through USrentacar. Everything went smoothly. As you can see though, there can be a big difference in space. The Ford had a huge boot even with all 3 rows of seats in use, this one is a Chevrolet Traverse and there was no boot space at all with all 3 rows of seats up. It was plenty big enough for 4 of us and 7 cases with the back row of seats down though.

[​IMG]

6. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

This trip we didn't bother with a 7 seater and booked a 'full size SUV' which turned out to be a Ford Edge. Once again it was booked through USrentacar with Budget. We went to the desk around 10am after staying at the airport the night before and it was ready and waiting for us. We went straight out to the garage again. It had plenty of room for the 4 of us driving around, but we only just got us plus 6 cases in to get to DTD with the rear seat split. :hehe:

[​IMG]

7. Bec

Bec Moderator

We booked an intermediate SUV from Dollar through US Rent a car.

We had a Ford Escape.

Used Dollar Express pre-reg and collected keys at the garage.

IMG_0169.jpg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  8. jarretth

jarretth New Member

I didn't realise they had hills that steep in Florida:hehe:

9. donaldsgirl

donaldsgirl New Member

We booked an intermediate suv through Charter travel, booked as a fly drive.
    The car was with Alamo, as usual the guy on the desk told us that we would be better off if we upgraded to the full size as the size we had booked was a toyota rav 4. We didn`t upgrade and when we got to the garage there was a row of Ford Escapes to choose from. I like the system of going to the garge and then picking the car for yourself, as you can open a couple of tail gates and see which will fit your luggage in before you commit to the vehicle.This is probably the best rental car we have had. the 2 children had loads of room in the back and it took our 4 cases with no problem, I liked driving it and did more driving than ever before. We have booked the same again for next year.
    [​IMG]

10. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

We had a Rav 4 and it was huuuuuge! Loved it!

11. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

December 2011 ~ Our 7 Seater SUV from Budget, booked through USrentacar again. It's a GMC Acadia and had lots of room for 4 of us plus 6 big cases.

[​IMG]

12. jarretth

jarretth New Member

Has anyone ever hired through Avis and if so, what were they like? The BA deal I am looking at uses them and they are about the only on-airport company that I haven't used.

Thanks

13. miltimo5

miltimo5 New Member

many years ago (1999) a friend and i rented a car (21 days in orlando) we had to take a disney bus to dtd and walk a few blocks to the hotel where we got the car (sorry too long ago) and that day went to find a walmart and picked up some stuff (snacks etc). the unfortunatly the car sat in the parking lot except for the days we went to Sea World and Universal .. every other day we stayed in the disney parks...turned out we paid more for the car rental than we saved by going to walmart and the other parks.....thought we would have used it to go out to dinner off property, but my friend (wasnt there in over 20 yrs when it was only MK) loved the themed restaurants so we ate at the parks and hotels....loved it....now after 25 visits that was the one and only time we rented a car...turned out for just 2 of us it wasnt worth the money so if you are only doing disney...and staying on property...i go with disney transportation

14. Indydisneyfan

Indydisneyfan New Member

We just rented from National out of Sanford airport. We rented a mid size which turned out to be a ford focus. A little small for 4 and luggage. However, we originally booked for 3 and added another later. Good gas mileage, comfortable ride and easy to return to WDW car care center. Sorry, no pic but I would rent from them again if I needed a car. No deposit and cost us $45 for the day. The reason we rented a car was we had to stay off property the day before our check in. We did use it to stop at Walmart for breakfast items and that was a plus. However, if we fly into MCO again we will just use DME. It's quicker and easier than renting IMO. We never leave disney property while here so no real reason to rent.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013