1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Change of plans

Discussion in 'Disney in Tokyo, Hong Kong & Shanghai' started by pandv_2000, Sep 27, 2011.

1. pandv_2000

pandv_2000 New Member

Soooo I posted a few weeks ago that we would be going to WDW for our 10th anniversary next year. It looks like our Australian visa may be granted sooner than we thought and I'm think we may see some movement on this before the end of this year. Once we get it we have to enter Australia within a year to validate it so really we need to be planning an Australia trip for next year otherwise all of the time, effort and money spent is wasted.

New plan.....

We are going to fly from Newcastle to Tokyo where we are going to spend 4/5 nights and make sure we get our Disney fix. We are then going to fly to Brisbane where we'll spend around 10 nights before driving down the coast road to Sydney stopping at a few places on the way and taking a couple of days to do it. We'll then spend some time in Sydney before flying home. We're looking at a 3 week trip and I need to iron out exactly where we'll be and for how long but this is the idea at the minute.

Oh and for those who saw my post on facebook we can get the flights cheaper than the £24k we were quoted by Emirates lol!

2. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

OMG, how cool you get to go to Tokyo DL! :micbounce: :excited: :woohoo:

Glad you got the flights cheaper :hehe:

3. pandv_2000

pandv_2000 New Member

Ooh I meant Tokyo or Hong Kong - not sure which yet but the hubby is leaning more towards Tokyo.

4. Jon

Jon Moderator

Fantastic! Sounds like a good substitute to WDW. Tokyo would be my choice too because of Disney Sea's and being that bit more developed.
    You'll definately have to let us know how you get on once you decide. :yes:

5. Debi

Debi Moderator

This sounds fabulous !

6. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

Sounds like a fabulous plan. I'm jealous.

7. AlecK

AlecK A Pirate's Life For Me

Sounds like an exciting plan :D

8. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

Sounds fabulous! Robert is desperate to visit Japan but somehow I think he'll have to wait until he can fund it himself (and pay for us two to go with him!)

Can't wait to hear about this trip.

9. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Jealous!! :D A new life down under is my dream. I was born there, but DH won't even consider it. :sigh:

10. pandv_2000

pandv_2000 New Member

I think Hong Kong is more likely as it is a more popular stopover choice. We'll keep you up to date with our plans and I promise a decent trippie. Visitors will be welcome when we move. I know Mickeymad from uog is also going through the same process as us (its nice to know someone else is going through the same a the same time). We're excited and terrified at the same time....

11. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

That's going to be such a good trippie to read! How exciting.....getting to go to so many cool places on one giant vacation!

12. pandv_2000

pandv_2000 New Member

Well such a lot has happened since I last posted on here. Our visa was granted on 5th Jan and we have a first entry date into Australia of 2nd December. We are not ready to go because it was supposed to take longer but we have the golden ticket so I'm not complaining.

I'm now in full blown planning mode. The plan (I'm booking this tomorrow once DH's hols get approved at work lol) is to fly to Tokyo on 27th October. We are planning on spending 4 nights there - 2 days in Disney and 1 day exploring Tokyo. We'll then fly to Brisbane where we're going to rent a house and a car and look at jobs, houses, schools and all things practical. Then we'll drive down the coast to Byron Bay where we plan on staying for 1 night, then off to Coffs Harbour for another night. We'll then drive to Port Macquarie for 2 nights before the final leg of the drive to Sydney (this is the longest drive at about 4.5 hours). The final 5 nights we will spend in Sydney doing all of the touristy things as well as trying to squeeze in some house and job hunting etc.

So we have a total of 3 weeks and I'm sooooo excited!

13. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Sounds fabulous! So happy for you! :D

14. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

What a great holiday and fact finding time you're going to have! Wonderful!!

15. pandv_2000

pandv_2000 New Member

Thanks - I'm soooo excited and it's such a long way off. I'm sure it will be here before I know it though

16. pandv_2000

pandv_2000 New Member

I just realised we'll be in Tokyo for Halloween. I just found an amazing website with some great pics - the Japanese really go all out on their costumes (sorry American friends)!

17. Jon

Jon Moderator

Exciting times ahead! Happy planning, you'll have to let us know how Tokyo goes when it rolls around. :)