1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Character meal help.

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Dining & Restaurants' started by Bec, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Bec

Bec Moderator

So as I said in P's thread I don't intend on making lots of ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) for July.

However, as I know how busy July is going to be, I'm going to book a character meal ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) for Logan to get some character interaction.

Plus I want two cakes delivered, one for Dad's 60th and one for Logan's 4th birthday.

So which shall I go for, oh I should say I prefer resort dining than park.

Help me out guys...

2. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Cape May is one of our favourites. If you go later you get the characters a couple of times and they wear their swimwear which is a bit different.

3. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

Do you want a Character meal for breakfast or dinner? Breakfast I would def agree with Cape May. The characters were great and them being in their beach wear made it a different experience. Dinner is a bit more about what kind of food you prefer. Personally I like Chef Mickey's (yes I know its noisy and the food is nothing special, but its a good variety and there is plenty of it.) 1900 Park Fare is the only other resort choice I can think of. Characters would be Cinderella and company, not sure if that works for what you have in mind. I had a good time with Lady Tremaine trying to marry her daughters off to my sons :lol: If there is a character that your son really wants to meet it might be worth a park meal to do the character dining and cover both the wants at once.

4. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

We've liked the breakfast in the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World although it's a long time since we've done it but the Mad Hatter was great and so was Mary Poppins. We had a ressie for about 10.45 and they sat with us for ages. We've done Ohana twice - once the character interaction was great the next time, rubbish! We also did Cape May and really liked it.

5. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Another one for Cape May

6. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

Yep, here is another vote for Cape May.

7. Disney Dad

Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare is with Mary Poppins, Alice the Mad Hatter and Pooh and Tigger were there last Aug as well.
    Dinner is Cinderella, Pricne Charming, Anistashia and Drucilla (Stepsisters) and Lady Tremaine (Stepmother) Suzy mouse and the Fairy GodMother may or may not be there. I prefer breakfast buffets...start the day with a full belly and into the parks you go, but because you wanted to have cakes delivered as well I wasn't sure if you wanted a dinner time meal.

8. AlecK

AlecK A Pirate's Life For Me

Cape May would be my first pick, 1900PF 2nd

9. carlene

carlene New Member

hi i know it in the park but we had really good character interaction with Mickey and the gang at epcot, i can't remember the restaurants full name its garden something, its the one that revolves around living with the land. the characters are chip and dale, mickey,miney and goofy from what i can remember (2009)they came around twice and were in no rush, the manager even came and asked us if we had met all the characters before he sent them away. the food is family style and plenty of it.
    carlene

10. Disney Dad

Thats the Garden Grill in the Land Pavillion. They no longer do lunch so it's dinner only and the characters are typically Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale

11. carlene

carlene New Member

thanks Disney Dad, :)
    carlene

12. Debi

Debi Moderator

I love Ohana's for breakfast . They have games and a parade with the children & characters . The food is delicious . The characters are Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, Pluto and then varies sometimes Goody, Chip n Dale or Donald .

13. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

I agree, for Logan's sake, that 'Ohana would be really good for breakfast. They get noisemakers and get to do a konga line with the characters, all the way around the restaurant.

It's hard to mess up breakfast foods (eggs, bacon, fruit, etc.)!

14. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

I think Bec usually does 'Ohana. There are a few on HPB too. 3 days a week at the Wyndham and on Sunday's at the Hilton. There's also one at The Swan. The food may be better offsite. :hehe:

15. Bec

Bec Moderator

Paula is right we do ohana every trip so want a change.

Cape may could be a good option, only thing that puts me off is we've had bad service there-twice.

But on the plus side the yacht club bakery is good.

Hm offsite-hadn't thought of that!

16. akdisneygirl

akdisneygirl New Member

I am sorry to hear you had bad service at Cape May, we've always been incredibly lucky with our servers there. What I have always loved about Cape May is how much character interaction there is, and they seem to spend alot more time goofing around with the customers. Good luck choosing!

17. Bec

Bec Moderator

Okay so Cape May is closed for refurbishment for our dates.

Ive booked Chef Mickeys! I know its absolute bedlam - and tbh honest it was looking rather tatty last time we went. But Logan will see all the 'gang' characters in one meal. Plus I can order a cake there.

So there you have it.

18. Disney Dad

What time did you book for?? Sometimes if you book a little off the main timeframe (like dinner at 7 instead of 6 PM) it is a little less chaotic.

19. Bec

Bec Moderator

Breakfast at 11:20am

20. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

Our last trip was the first time we didn't go to CM. Great place to meet the characters, even if the food isn't up to much :lol: although, I quite like dinner there :yes: