1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christmas Traditions?

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by LorraineD, Nov 14, 2011.

1. LorraineD

LorraineD New Member

When I was little the one thing I remember was Xmas morning I'd watch "A christmas Carol", the old black and white one (sometimes the cartoon version). That is actually still one of my favourite films and I loved the latest animated one. Also I seem to remember that the Xmas day films were always "the sound of music" and "wizard of oz" (don't know why cos neither of them are very Xmassy), these both became real favourites of mine and still are.

I do love watching Xmas films and it really gets me in the mood, but I remember one in particular - my daughter LOVED Barney when she was little, and I remember one year we got her "Barneys night before Xmas"...I know he is probably "that big annoying purple dinosaur" to alot of people but what a lovely film. We watched that for many years in the build up to Xmas.......or was it just me still watching it :unsure:...........:lol:

Oh and yeah, am loving the idea of NYE in Epcot or somewhere......any of the parks.....I'd celebrate it in our hotel room lol......we never do anything at New year and I'd love to do something like that.....maybe when the kids are a little older and Xmas has less appeal???

2. Steamboat Willie

Steamboat Willie New Member

On Christmas Eve I like to go to the local shopping mall where I sit at the café laughing at idiots who leave their shopping until the last day.

In the evening I watch Home Alone, Die Hard and Cliffhanger.

3. Dran1955

Dran1955 New Member

Thanks for your information.