1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decorating room windows?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Resort Hotels & Accomodation' started by Meg1884, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Meg1884

Meg1884 New Member

Has anyone done this at any of the hotels? I'd love to decorate our two room windows with some birthday stuff for our room for DH and some Mickey heads from Home Depots paint section. How did it go over when you did this and does anyone have a pics?

2. carlene

carlene New Member

have just phoned FQ to ask a simlar question, you can decorate your room but no pins in walls no decs at the windows and you mustn't damage the paint work, apart from that go nuts ! (may differ for each hotel) the CM also said to ask for the birthday badge at reception and for a birthday wake up phone call from Goofy.
    carlene

3. Meg1884

Meg1884 New Member

So no decorations in the window? That's where I was hoping to do the most decorating. Oh well. I bought a couple of things for inside the room so that should be fine. Thanks!

4. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

They mean nothing ON the windows. Some people go crazy with snow spray, not fun for Mousekeepers to clean. :hehe: We have used those gel things that peel on the windows at Christmas though and no-one said anything or billed us for cleaning afterwards. :hehe:

5. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

I've seen LOTS of windows decorated at WDW.

6. carlene

carlene New Member

:oops: sorry if i got it wrong, i will be taking birthday hangings with us and i will double check the window thing when we get there. i mentioned blu tac for the walls which the CM said was fine so long as it doesn't leave marks. i too have seen decs on windows on previous visits but thought maybe they had changed the rules, maybe people were using selotape on the windows that can be a pain the clean off too
    carlene

7. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

Masking tape could work, it doesn't leave marks. We have used those little suction hooks for our window decorations if you can get hold of them, they definitely leave no marks. Blu Tack can leave marks on paintwork, so be careful.

8. Meg1884

Meg1884 New Member

Thanks everyone!

9. DisneyHayley

DisneyHayley New Member

I've decorated our windows at Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW before - and had quite a bit up the night of MNSSHP. I used blu tack (not sure if this is the same name in the US) and no one said anything! We gave the windows a wipe before we left.

I'll try and see if we have a photo :)

10. Meg1884

Meg1884 New Member

I'd love to see a photo Hayley!

11. stace&tink

stace&tink New Member

12. Meg1884

Meg1884 New Member

Thanks stace! It looks great!

13. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

We've decorated rooms before at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World and CR before :yes: I think as long as nothing gets damaged, marked or stained you should be alright :thumbs:

Window decorations should be ok because we ordered a Birthday Room Decoration package from Disney Florists and they stuck things up on the window :yes: I shall dig out some pictures for you!

14. Meg1884

Meg1884 New Member

Thanks! I'd love to see what it looked like.

15. Pluto65

Pluto65 New Member

Last Christmas at Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW I brought a small suitcase filled with decorations. I decorated our windows with colored snowflake ornaments. I used scotch tape on the glass and it peeled right off with no mess left behind. I made 2 little trees at home, with Mickey ornaments made from tiny colored balls & hot glue which I put on the window sill. I brought our stocking & hung them from the shelf pegs, covered the table with a tree skirt and the Fiberoptic Disney tree I bought at the Christmas shop. Also hung Mickey lights around the mirror. Housekeeping never touched anything. I will be bringing the same things this year plus a string of lights to put around the window and an extension cord. :)

16. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

I never thought of putting decorations on the windows.......looking forward to seeing the pictures!