1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dining Report - March 2012

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Dining & Restaurants' started by leslie1983, Apr 1, 2012.

1. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

Well I am finally up to starting my TR and DR. The cast is me (28) and DBF (23). We stayed at Pop Century from March 4-13.

The places we ate:
    Cape May Cafe - dinner
    Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe - lunch
    O'hana - dinner
    Electric Umbrella - lunch
    Kona Cafe - dinner
    Starring Rolls Cafe - breakfast
    Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater - lunch
    Everything Pop - dinner
    Biergarten - lunch
    Everything Pop - dinner
    T-Rex - lunch
    Liberty Tree Tavern - lunch
    Aloha Isle - snack
    Everything Pop - dinner
    Raglan Road - lunch
    Everything Pop - dinner
    Yak & Yeti - lunch
    Earl of Sandwich - dinner
    Kona Cafe - breakfast

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?paprmu

2. ThinkTink

ThinkTink New Member

:hyper:!!!!

using Tapatalk

3. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

Cape May Cafe -dinner

Ok let me start off by apologizing for the lack of food photos. Most of the places I can remember what we ate but at the buffets not so much. In those cases I will just be giving an overall opinion. Also, all restaurants will be new to DBF as this is his first visit.

This was also a new restaurant for me. We originally had an ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) for 5:40pm. Because we got stuck at the airport in Dallas for several hours (I'll go into detail in my TR) I had to call Disney and they were great about moving our ressie back. Our new time was 8:30.

Anyways, we made it to the Beach Club in plenty of time and met up with my old college roommate and a friend of hers.
    We were seated almost right away. For drinks I ordered a diet coke and Devan ordered a crown and coke. I can't remember everything we ate but I do remember caesar salad, crabs legs, smoked BBQ pork ribs, mashed red skinned potatoes, steamed corn on the cobb and steamed peel and eat shrimp. For dessert we had an assortment of cookies, cheesecake ad Oreo bonbons.

Would we return? I thought the food was ok. If I had to survive on crabs legs I would starve because I couldn't get any meat out to save my life. I wouldn't say no to returning but there are other places I want to try and this wouldn't be my first choice. I think it would appeal more to those who really enjoy seafood. I have no complaints about the service.

Price. Two adult buffets at $39.99 each and a whiskey for $$8.25 = $82.23 plus tax and gratuity.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?d0nwrf
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

4. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Great start - love food reports. I would not know where to start with crab legs

5. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

Looking forward to your report...I'm leaving in 13 days for a quick trip with DS (Sunday, Mon and Tues in the parks). Will be following your TR as well. We did Cape May for breakfast (I'm not a big seafood person so the clam bake buffet is not a must do for me). The only big drawback to Cape May I found was getting there from another resort (well for an early AM ADR).

6. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

Have a great trip and looking forward to your TR! I find we are almost always late to ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) that are early morning (my fault) or at a resort.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?flhgd1

7. ThinkTink

ThinkTink New Member

Great start!!!

Might I also add, you look fantastic!!

using Tapatalk

8. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

Thanks! :)

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kinrlh

9. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma New Member

Yay youve started!

10. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

:woohoo: Food report!

Great start! :D

11. USCWest

USCWest New Member

I was not overly impressed with the crab legs either. If I really needed a seafood fix I would consider it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. tweenie123

tweenie123 New Member

Great start! I love reading food reports (considering that I've never managed to do one)

13. Jon

Jon New Member

Home Page:
    Yay! another food trippie! :clap:

Not being a sea-foodie, this one doesn't really feature on our radar much (for dinner at least).
    Is there much alternatives to seafood or is that really the draw? :unsure:

14. Disney Dad

It is billed as a Clam Bake Dinner Buffet so it is showcasing seafood, but there are other items on the menu Flank Steak and Pork Loin, Bar-B-Que Ribs and Roast Chicken are mentioned as suggestions...the items will vary daily.

15. PaulaK

PaulaK New Member

Good start to the report. :thumbs: We are seafood fans but really didn't like the Clam bake. It stinks too. :hehe:

16. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe - lunch

This one is a repeat for me and I was looking forward to it. I had eaten here in 2010 and had really liked it, and it was different than many other quick service options, serving something other than nuggets and burgers.

I had the Sweet-and-Sour Chicken (Tempura Chicken, Bell Peppersm, Pineapple, Sweet-and-Sour Sauce, and White Rice). Devan had the Beef Lo Mein (Marinated Beef, Carrots, Cabbage, Onion, and Lo Mein Noodles). I really really liked my chicken, it was the same that I had ordered in 2010. And I love that it's more than just chicken and rice, so it is different than what we get at home. Devan didn't care for his, he doesn't like carrots, cabbage or onions :rolleyes:. We ended up trading so that he could pick out my chicken and rice and I didn't think that his was bad either. For dessert I had the Banana Pudding (this was new) and DBF had the Triple Chocolate Mousse. Both were really good.

Would we return? Definately yes! But I think that I would avoid eating here during a peak hours and the seating is VERY limited.

Price: Sweet-an-Sour Chicken at $9.99, Beef Lo Mein at $10.99, two drinks at $2.59 each, and each dessert at $3.59 = $33.34 plus tax.

17. Disney Dad

MMMM:eat: Im planning on Yak and Yeti for myself for lunch when I take DS to the AK. I'll prob take him to the Dino Diner for a hotdog (he'll be happy) and then I'll get some real food for me.

18. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

It's one of my face quick service places.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dki2i4

19. Debi

Debi New Member

We are eating lunch at Yak & Yeti the day we do Animal Kingdom theme park at Walt Disney World Orlando also . I agree Leslie, we really liked it . Another Great Report . Keep Em Rolling Girlfriend I :lol:

20. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

O'hana - dinner

For this one we had a 6:55pm ADR. And we were actually on time! :hehe: We checked in at the podium and then waited in the lounge area. Our pager went off a few minutes later and we were taken to our table.

Drinks: I had a diet coke and Devan had a bottle of beer (sorry I can't remember what kind as my notes are at home).

For starters: Ohana Welcome Bread and Mixed Greens with a Honey-Lime Dressing. We both really liked the bread and I tried the salad and it was really good.

For appetizers: Pork Dumplings with Sweet and Sour Sauce and Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings. The wings were really good and we both liked the sauce. However, I was the only one to try the dumplings and I didn't care for them at all.

Skewers: Prepared over an oak fire. Served with Peanut, Spicy Mustard, and Sweet-n-Sour Sauces. Mesquite Grilled Turkey, Asian Barbecued Pork Loin, Marinated Sirloin Steak and Spicy Grilled Peel-n-Eat Shrimp. The meat was not bad but not exceptionally good either. We both agreed that it was a bit dry. I think my favorite was the shrimp. I don't believe that either of us touched the sauces.

Accompaniments: Lo Mein Noodles tossed in a Teriyaki Sauce with Fresh Vegetables and Stir-fried Vegetables. Devan didn't try either of these. I thought the noodles were pretty decent. The vegetables turned out to be brocoli, and, well... nobody likes brocoli. :shrug:

Dessert: Ohana Bread Pudding a la mode with Bananas and Caramel Sauce. Best part of the whole meal IMO!! :thumbs:

Would we return? Maybe, maybe not. There was plenty here that we could eat, but there was also a lot of food wasted. I would like to give it another shot sometime, but I think with a party of more than 2 so that we wouldn't waste so much. The service was excellent, they promptly brought food to your table and offered seconds. I really loved the atmosphere too. While we were there they were in the middle of teaching a Hawaiian song and dance to the kids, and you could tell both kids and parents were really excited about getting to participate.

Price: Adult buffet: $36.99 each. I believe the beer was around $5. So approximately $78.98 plus tax and tip.