1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disney 2011 Part III

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by USCWest, Nov 15, 2011.

1. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

Tuesday November 1st, wow, where did October go? Breakfast at the food court at the resort. Donna and I had Mickey Waffles with bacon and coffee, I also had some milk. David had the breakfast platter with sausage. After breakfast we are off to the Magic Kingdom. Our first ride is the Haunted Mansion. This is the first time we have been on this since they redid the cemetery. The new cemetery is really cool. I don’t remember exactly what order we did things but we did Peter Pan (practically walk on), the obligatory Small World for first time visitors, Mickey’s Philharmagic, Snow White, Tomorrowland Transit Authority at WDW Magic Kingdom, Carousel of Progress, Buzz Lightyear, Big Thunder Mountain RR, the steamboat, Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. We stopped by Cosmic Ray’s for lunch where all three of us got the hot dog with chili and cheese. Dinner was at Tony’s Town Square. David started with melon and prosciutto, followed by lasagna for his main course, Donna had the tomato and mozzarella salad and mushroom stuffed tortellini and I had Butternut Squash Soup and Seafood Diavolo, which wasn’t very spicy at all. After dinner we left the park as there was another MNSSHP.

2. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

I don't think i've ever seen Peter Pan without at least a 30 minute queue. Oh well, only 6 more years until we can go outside the school holidays. :hehe: The last few times we went to Tony's it wasn't very good. Would you recommend it now?

3. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

That was so cruel taking him on its a small world:lol:

4. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

I want to know if Donna went on the ride?????

5. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

Yes Donna went on the ride. Paula I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at Tony's and I know you don't like LTT, but we already had that planned for our MVMCP night and didn't want to go twice, even though we like it. So we thought that as part of the immersion we would do Tony's with David. He enjoyed his lasagna, enough so that he took the rest back to the room and ate it cold later. Donna said her tortellini was very good and my dish would have been a lot better had it had more spice in it as I expected.

6. Debi

Debi Moderator

Sounds like Tony's has a new menu . Another great trip report ! Like Paula, I've never seen Peter Pans Flight with no wait except the time I went for the early morning hour .

7. AlecK

AlecK A Pirate's Life For Me

Sounds like a great day, maybe we should give Tony's another chance :unsure:

8. Jon

Jon Moderator

I really liked the new cemetery (assume you mean the queue area?) It certainly helps pass the time while your waiting. All the plussing to the HM lately has been really good. I especially like the bride scene with the portraits of her (ex) husbands who's heads disappear when you move past :evil:

9. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

New HM queue area is a lot of fun :yes: Hope they do things like that on all rides eventually.

10. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

The only time I've seen Peter Pan without a queue was at the Pirate and Princess party when it absolutely poured down..........it was virtually a walk on. I can never understand a fifty minute queue for such a short ride?

I've always wanted to try Tony's but we never seem to get round to it, your choices sound like something we'd enjoy.

Sounds like you had a busy day in the MK!

11. Bec

Bec Moderator

No wait for Peter pan?!?!? Wow.