1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

disney blues :(

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by martin, Jan 13, 2012.

1. martin

martin New Member

Hi all,

got back from my disney holidays just before christmas, and wow am i depressed ha ha
    might try pull my self together and go a trip report, well what i can remember, i have a terrible memory.

Have to say that it was the best disney holiday to date, not going back now till 2013, that make me sad ha need a year off to shift the weight i put on from eating all the delightfull food.

Just intrested if anyone feels as bad as i do when they return, withdrawl symptoms :(

Keep looking at all the pictures to cheer me up - happy times :)

2. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

Totally! I think we're all with you there! Coming on here, having a good old Disney chat and reading trip reports always makes it better :yes:

3. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

I agree with Vikki.

4. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer New Member

Yes I agree - this is my daily Disney fix too. We cant get back to 2013 either we went last year. We are managing to sneak a quick disneyparis trip to keep the disney magic there. Only disney holidays make me feel this way, I do get terrified that the price of trips to WDW are getting so pricy that we may not be able to go every other year and might even have to wait longer between trips. In the mean time I get my fix on here through trip reports and doing disney things like reading disney guide books and going to disney store.

5. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

I won't get back until at least 2014, so I definitely feel your pain! Going through trippies and pics (like everyone else has said) definitely helps.

6. scottDearinger

scottDearinger New Member

We all feel that pain, at first there is an after glow as you look at your pics and prizes and talk about your trip- but then it fades into a darker desperate longing for more- then there is the little perk you get from booking your next trip- and the waiting and saving begin....

I just experienced a depressing setback- we like to go in Oct- during an off peak to save money and I am booked for 7 days next Oct, but My DW just started a job with the school system and they insist she plan her vacations during school vacation (a reasonable request) but whenever school is out-summer, spring break, Christmas Vacation- are all peak, busy expensive times to go.. I am considering a shorter trip over over a parent/teacher conference break which would mean travel on wed evening, have thur, fri, sat, sun, and travel back on Monday(she will take a personal day for Mon). I think that's what I am going to have to do- don't want to wait for spring break 2013. But hate the thought of only 4 days at WDW. This will be my 5th trip and I am thinking 4 whole days is not enough, but better than none
    Any input folks?

7. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

We go the third week of August and return home just before Labor Day weekend (to avoid the crowds in the airports and higher travel fees) Crowds are lighter since the locals are all back to school earlier then the rest of us. We have even managed to hit free dining for the last couple of trips (Ka-Ching :eek:hyes:) might want to look into that time frame...it is warmer then Oct., but Disney has AC everywhere

8. scottDearinger

scottDearinger New Member

I will check into that possibility Disney Dad- ty

9. Meg1884

Meg1884 New Member

I know exactly how you feel. We won't be getting back till 2014 and that really depresses me. I'm trying to channel that into saving for our next trip so we can stay at the Poly and I come on here to get my Disney fix and read everyone else's trip reports.

10. littlepickering

littlepickering New Member

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love seeing everyone's picture and hearing all the trip planning. Planning a Disney vacation and going on it are such an exciting time and then the down after it is all said and done and it is just tucked away as a great memory is sometimes a little sad!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

Is that right? My birthday is the last week of August, I was thinking about doing four days in DL flying across to WDW for 9 or 10 days and having my 50th in one or the other, but, I wasn't sure about WDW at the end of August start of September. What is DL like at the end of August crowd wise?

12. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

It's the first day of the Easter school holidays here and we're all sitting wishing we were on the plane to WDW. We've definitely got withdrawal symptoms.

13. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

We're having so many Disney blues at the moment I even considered a booking to DLRP this morning! Totally unlike me :lol:

14. Damfino

I'm the same, I looked into going near the end of May,but, the boss nixed my dates, she made me book time off for the week before, which is no good for DLRP, I'm thinking of mid June and asking for date change tomorrow, not telling them why I want those dates as I will only get another snarky comment about what I do for my holidays. I really fancy DLRP it,s nearly 5 years since my last visit and there's lots I want to do.

15. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

I have always got Disney blues - I could really do with a fix

16. Damfino

Been scrapbooking my photos today, not sure if it's helping,but,it is nice looking at them.

17. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

Bad Disney blues here too. Been a year since we went & going to be at least another year before we can make it back :sigh: