1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disney Wonder Employee Vanishes

Discussion in 'General Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Indydisneyfan, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Indydisneyfan

Indydisneyfan New Member

2. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

Oh dear. That is some scary stuff. I wonder if the employee left the ship. There's some scary stuff going on in Mexico!

3. Indydisneyfan

Indydisneyfan New Member

I hear you on that. I wouldn't go to Mexico right now if it was free. Some of the tourist spots aren't even safe right now.

4. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

The fact that they searched the ship implies they didn't go missing on land. :unsure: Everyone has a card which is swiped as you leave and as you get back on so they know if they are missing anyone before the ship sails.

5. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

Gives me the shivers to think about it. Thoughts are with the family.

6. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma Moderator

Hope this works out ok :(

7. Debi

Debi Moderator

Oh this is terrible ! Thoughts & Prayers are with the missing cast member and their family . I hope all turns out well .

8. disneykids

disneykids New Member

WOW scary stuff. I hope everything turns out ok. Thoughts and prayers with the family and friends of this person. I wouldn't go to Mexico now if you paid me too. Much to much crazy going on there.

9. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

It seems it's one of the English girls that worked in the youth programme that's missing. Article in the Chester Chronicle. Thoughts are with her family, I hope she turns up safely. :pixiedust:

10. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Hi, our friends daughter is working on this ship and rang home on tuesday and yesterday about this matter. She was not allowed to say much. But, she implied the worst news.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  11. Debi

Debi Moderator

Thanks for the update Lizz . You know our lips are sealed . Sorry to hear that it is going to be bad news when released .

12. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

She was so upset, her dad thinks she may come home, we sent her a food parcel (cadburys chocolate). She actually worked with her. If I hear anythingelse, I will let you know.
    Its so sad

13. Debi

Debi Moderator

Aww, poor girl . She must be gutted ! That was lovely of you to send her a cheer up parcel .
    What does your friends daughter do on the ship ?

14. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Google picks up every comment.

15. Debi

Debi Moderator

Yikes, how sneaky of google .

16. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Thanks for the info Paula.

17. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

There are comments elsewhere that are not at all discreet but have been picked up by the search engines. If they are not true, they will be very hurtful to the family. :(

18. disneykids

disneykids New Member

That's awful. How could anyone be so mean? This family and all of their friends are hurting and need answers and people have time to be rude and nasty. I am truely praying for the family and friends.

19. Indydisneyfan

Indydisneyfan New Member

They have already posted a picture and her name in our local online news. She is from Chester, England. The family is flying to LA to meet with Disney according to the article I read. I feel really sorry for this family. Thoughts are with this family.

20. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

Here's what I just found on Yahoo.

– Mon Mar 28, 8:31 am ET
    LOS ANGELES – Family members of a 24-year-old British employee reported missing from a Disney cruise ship last week met with investigators Sunday after the vessel returned to its home port in Los Angeles.
    Rebecca Coriam, of Chester, England, was reported missing at sea Tuesday after she failed to report for a scheduled shift on the Disney Wonder. The ship was on a seven-day cruise along the western coast of Mexico.
    "We just don't know what happened to her, do we? And that's just the worst. We've got to find out what happened," mother Ann Coriam told KABC-TV. She and her husband had traveled to Los Angeles after learning Rebecca Coriam was missing.
    Davies said officials on board told the family that Coriam, who had worked for the cruise line since last summer in its youth services department, made a phone call from the ship shortly before being reported missing.
    "They say they know what the conversation was but they're not telling us," her cousin, Trish Davies, told the station prior to the family's Sunday meeting with investigators. "They say they've got to wait for the investigation."
    It was not immediately clear what new information, if any, investigators gave the family Sunday. The ship left for its next tour of Mexico on Sunday night.
    Because the Disney Wonder is registered in the Bahamas, police there were handling the investigation. The Mexican Navy and the U.S. Coast Guard also were involved.
    Disney Cruise Line representatives issued a statement, pledging to assist all of the appropriate authorities, and saying they have searched the entire ship multiple times, most recently on Saturday.
    "We have been doing everything possible to find Rebecca Coriam," Christi Erwin Donnan, a spokeswoman for Disney, said. "Rebecca's disappearance has been difficult for everyone at Disney Cruise Line. We've been in close contact with the Coriam family, and we're assisting them in any way we can."
    Returning passengers said they were told during the cruise Coriam was missing, and were asked to keep an eye out for her.
    "They announced it over the airwaves and they said that there was a missing crew member, can you please help look for the person," passenger Ron Uyen told KCBS-TV after getting off the Wonder. "It was scary. You watch your kids a little closer."
    Another passenger, Suzanne Lopez, told the TV station "later they announced again that they were not able to locate her. They were really good about keeping us up to date, everybody was really worried."
    The 1,000-foot-long Disney Wonder carries 2,500 passengers and 1,000 crew members.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011