1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy - new splash areas will be added

Discussion in 'General Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by JoR, Oct 13, 2011.

1. JoR

JoR New Member

Nice addition to the complaints of the way too small pool areas on the Dream but still no nice size pool for anyone to take a morning swim or for tweens to really enjoy. The donald pool is even smaller than the Goofy pool

AquaLab, a new addition to deck 12, is a fanciful wet play area filled with pop jets, geysers and bubblers – designed to drench the entire family.
    [​IMG]
    As the story goes, AquaLab was created by Donald Duck’s nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie. But now they’re away – leaving young cruise guests to operate AquaLab and keep AquaDuck running! By turning wheels and moving levers at three wacky aqua stations, guests “control” the speed and temperature of AquaDuck. At a leaky wall, kids cover holes in squirting and spurting pipes with their hands. In another area, water leaks and sprays from the Ducky Dinghy, suspended overhead.
    Also new to deck 12 is another area for families to cool off – a wading pool with a fountain. This area has ample seating and lounge chairs under a canopy, offering a respite in the shade.
    [​IMG]
    And, there’s even a brand-new water feature exclusively for adults. Satellite Falls, a circular splash pool with benches and a gently falling rain curtain, provides cool comfort on deck 13 forward.
    [​IMG]
    Which of these new refreshing water features are you most excited about aboard the Disney Fantasy?

2. Jon

Jon Moderator

Have to admit, the family pool area on the Dream is far too small to meet demand. It didn’t look particularly inviting as it was just way too crowded, especially on the day at sea. Looks like they’ve realised this at least and have added these new features to try and ease the congestion in that area.

Is the aqua-lab in addition to Nemo’s Reef? :unsure:

3. JoR

JoR New Member

I believe so. The Nemo's reef is for little ones
    The aqua lab is for anyone of any age

4. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

AquaLab looks fun, but it's just going to get crowded like the other pools do. And with people being able to run around I can see accidents happening and smaller kids getting knocked over.

5. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

The pools on the Dream were so packed that I never even managed to get in there! This reminds me a little of the H2O zone on the Freedom which was great as it did give a little more scope. Even with that however the pools still got really crowded.

6. JoR

JoR New Member

totally agree

7. Jon

Jon Moderator

Anything that distracts the kids for a time can't be bad though :hehe:

By the time we do our next cruise both kiddo's should be old enough to enjoy the oceaneer club so we might be able to visit the adult pools a bit more. I did like the combined pool/bar section :beer: :swim:

8. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

By the time we can afford our next cruise the kids will be old enough to come to the adult only places with us! :lol:

9. Jon

Jon Moderator

Thats true :sigh: :hehe:

10. Debi

Debi Moderator

I cannot wait !