1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feb 29 visiting the Fantasy

Discussion in 'General Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by JoR, Jan 9, 2012.

1. JoR

JoR New Member

DCL is bringing the new Fantasy to New York City for four days at the end of February
    The NYC port schedule lists the Fantasy in port February 28, 29, March 1 and 2

I just received my invite to visit the ship on February 29th :bounce:

If anyone has anything specific they would like to know about the ship or have photos taken of anything specific let me know and I will try to get to them

2. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

Hey, no fair. Didn't you get to do this on the Dream also?

3. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

That's so cool!! My only request is a ridiculous amount of pictures :D.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk

4. JoR

JoR New Member

John - On the Dream we were invited to the christening event and sailed on it for a couple of nights, this is just a 4 hour visit on the ship then I have to get off :(

We haven't heard if they are doing invites for the Christening again or not. I did hear that the annual travel agent conference will be on the Fantasy in March before the maiden voyage for a three night sailing but still waiting for registration to open up for that. Hopefully I will be able to go.

Owners of agencies get invited to a lot more things so I am very happy when I get invited to anything since I am not an agency owner

5. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

Any pictures would be great.

6. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

You lucky thing! :excited:

Any photos for the site would be fantastic! :bounce:

7. Debi

Debi Moderator

I don't know if you have to be invited for this christening or not, but I will be as close as I can get to her . JoR, if you are able to buy anything, I'd like a pin . I will be there on March 1st with the money to meet you somewhere . I saw an RSP catalog for things sold for the maiden voyage from NYC to PC, FL and from PC, FL's maiden voyage . I'll let you know the number . The catalog is under Adobe so unfortunately I can't copy and paste .

8. JoR

JoR New Member

Debi since the ship will be docked I doubt that we will be able to purchase anything as the stores are supposed to be closed when the ship is docked. They will have inagural sailing merchandise on all sailings in 2012. I will let you know

I will be on the ship on Feb 29th. The christening is on March 1st

9. Debi

Debi Moderator

Thank You ! Whom is allowed at the Christening ? And it's going to be docked near the Intrepid which you are allow to visit that old naval ship ? So I don't know why you can't get near the port unless they close visitation for the Intrepid for that day . I've visited the naval ships when cruise ships were in port .:unsure: Time will tell, but get lots of pictures please . I wonder if there will be a special sailing for invited guests from NYC to PC FL .

10. JoR

JoR New Member

The christing is by invite only as to whom is invited no idea. For the dream they did invite some travel agents, A LOT of media, celebrities. Not sure for this year

As for the Intrepid you should be able to get on it but if you plan on that you need to get tickets now as I am sure that is what a lot of people will think of.

11. Debi

Debi Moderator

Good Idea, but what day will be the official Christening ? the 1st or the 2nd as it leaves NYC .

12. JoR

JoR New Member

It is scheduled for Thursday March 1st. Anything to do with Disney is always subject to change so keep that in mind

13. Debi

Debi Moderator

Thanks Again JoR ! Not sure I'm even going to bother as I'd have to take a day off work and might take that excitment you feel when going over the Port's bridge on the DCL bus and seeing the ship in the distance . Probably see more on Channel 11 WPIX News . :lol:
    If you do get an invite for the Maiden TA cruise, puh~lease let me know . I will paypal you money way in advance .