1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First DVC trip - part 8 - quiet day

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by MKJo, Apr 8, 2011.

1. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

Saturday 19th March

Nice quiet day today. We headed for Premium Outlets around 9:45am. Jon knew the way from the hotel and we didn't have to go near I4 :bounce:

Just as we were walking to the car my trusty old sandals snapped :eek: They were only cheap ones I'd bought from Accessorize a few years back, straw type bottoms with black fabric bands across the toe part. But they were so comfy and the only shoes I have that don't rub. :cry3: Can't wear flip-flops, they hurt my toes, don't know how anyone can wear them :unsure: Jon ran back to the room to get my other shoes while I loaded the girls into the car.

We had lunch at Chicken Now. The chicken sandwich was nice and tasty, and the fries were good too, not those yucky coated ones you get at some places. Jon got his from Subway.

Didn't find anything decent at Premium :( Only shoes I could find were flip-flops at the Nike store. They were padded ones and as comfy as flip-flops can be, but I wasn't 100% happy with them and feared they'd be rubbing within a short while of wearing them. On our way back to the car I spotted the Crocs shop which we'd had a quick browse in earlier and forgotten about. I went back in and had a better look and found some slip-ons sandal-type which felt comfy enough and were cheaper than the Nike ones. I bought those and Jon drove the car back round to the Nike shop so I could go get a refund. They gave me a 20% off anything in store voucher which was valid for the next 2 hours and asked if I still wanted to return them. Yes I did :yes:
    The Crocs proved really comfy and were just the job for the rest of the holiday :clap:

We decided to head over to Pop Century for a nosey and to have a look at the Art of Animation construction work, which you can see from the bridge across Hourglass Lake. I posted the photos in this blog article.
    It was nice to have a look round as it's a few years since we stayed there. If we had to go for a value again, I'd definitely choose this one (unless Art of Animation was open).

Snack time! Jon got tie-dye cheesecake and Soph, Chloe and I shared a rainbow cupcake which was very tasty :D

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG

Once done there we headed back to BLT so I could start packing. Jon took the car back to the Dolphin and got the bus back to MK. I think he walked back from there, took him just over an hour in total.

This was our car, a Dodge Caravan. I think it was from Alamo via US Rentacar :unsure:

IMG_1580.JPG

Dinner was at Contempo Cafe where I had the yummy honey-lime chicken sandwich again. Jon had pizza and we got Soph to have a burger for a change. Chloe shared her fries, but don't think she ate much again.

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1589.JPG

I got the dulce de leche cupcake, but they're way too big and I left half of it, supposedly to eat later but never did.

IMG_1588.JPG

Had a last look round the Contemporary shops before going back to the room to finish packing and get the girls to bed.

IMG_1607.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

This was my last chance to see the fireworks from the Top of the World Lounge viewing area, so I popped up there with my tripod and did video and photos at the same time :hehe:

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1659.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1644.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

I couldn't get to sleep that night, I was too excited about tomorrow - cruise day!!! :excited: :micbounce: :woohoo:

2. SportsMickey

SportsMickey A walking SportsCenter

you're in the future. How do I do that, I want to fast forward to my honeymoon

3. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

love the fireworks photos.

4. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

LOl at the hat pics.:D Glad you managed to find some Crocs, I can't wear flip-flops either I just don't like the feel of anything between my toes. :hehe: You're making me really hungry with all these cupcakes and dessert pics. Did you try any of the soups at Contempo? If not, try them next time, they're always delicious. :yes: I'm excited for the cruise too.......::bounce:

5. Kate

Kate New Member

Im surprised you and the girls didnt come home from this holiday clucking! :lol:
    That cupcake does look veeeerrrrry yummy! :yes:

6. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

:lol: I'll change it :thumbs:

No, I don't do soups :blush: :lol:

I wondered why they were making a strange noise :hehe:
    There was no point getting anything other than chicken as we know from last time they just wouldn't eat it, so it went to waste and they stayed hungry :shrug: I wish places would do fish for kids meals.

7. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

Forgot to say about the TotWL viewing area. There were probably about 30-40 people up there in total, and I think it can hold well over 100. Anyway it was totally uncrowded and plenty room for everyone to see, plus benches at the back for kids to stand on.

8. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

I got a kid....20 years old and she orders chicken nuggets, planks, fingers or whatever they call them 95% of the time. I think he must have been switched at birth or something :eek: because the rest of us are big steak fans. :D We all crack up when she orders steaks.

9. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

They'll eat stuff I cook them at home, like pasta and spag bol, but try and feed them the same stuff when we're out and it's :yucky:

10. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

I undertand completely. DD says when she's in a strange place she gets the chicken because it's hard to screw that up.

11. angelmommy

angelmommy New Member

The food looks so yummy!! I love the girls hats. Those are just too cute!! :lol:

12. Meg1884

Meg1884 New Member

Yay for cruise day...I can't wait for those updates since we are thinking of doing the cruise for our next trip.

13. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

Sorry your sandles broke Jo but great to hear about your new trusty croc :D My sister can't live without hers at Disney!

There's another chicken fiend in our family too - my brother orders nothing but! Although at Artist Point last trip, there was no chicken on the menu :panic: So he ventured over to duck which he quite likes too :)

14. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

I'd better stay clear of Artist Point then :hehe:

15. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

I'm the opposite - when it's hot, I only wear flip flops! I live in my croc flip flops when I'm at Disney, they're the comfiest shoes I've got!

I love your firework pics.