1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flea market finds

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Collectibles' started by dizneymom, Jun 24, 2014.

1. dizneymom

dizneymom Active Member

We live just minutes away from one of Ohio's biggest flea markets. This summer DD and I have been going to shop the last month. I have found some 'great' things for the house. I collect Cat's meow village houses. This guy had two huge bins and I found a couple I really wanted. But I had some regrets on not buying some ...so we went back yesterday to see if we could find him again. We could not....BUT...we did find this one seller and it looked like he had robbed a Disney store!!! He had pins, Jim Shore, glassware, toys and almost anything you can think of. We spent over 1/2 of our stash at this one booth. Talked to this guy and he said it was his mom's stuff. He told us he has a huge storage locker. It's half Disney and half Buddha! Talk about weird collections. He told us he would be there every Monday. I found a lot of shot glasses and candy dishes I have never seen. DD went nuts with pins. They are old...they have actual price tags on them. They are not color-coded like you see now..and they are still on the backs. I got Jim Shore for $10!!! I am spending ll the money I earned on eBay!

2. mcduck

mcduck Member

Great find, is that hartville your talking about?

3. dizneymom

dizneymom Active Member

Yes. Love Hartville!

4. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

I tried to look at your bags Chris when you posted, but it said you had nothing for sale. It must have been because we're in the UK. :unsure: Sounds like you've found yourself a good place for Disney bargains!

5. dizneymom

dizneymom Active Member

I sold 6 bags in one week. Took a few days off then I put some more up. 3 auctions end today. Made over $800 just on Dooneys and Veras!

6. Indydisneyfan

Indydisneyfan New Member

My wife and I love going to flea markets and antique stores. There is always disney stuff, but it is usually very old and expensive. Not too much modern stuff. Congrats on the find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Fab! I have so many bags, I should have a sort out too. I can see 2 listed now, I must have looked when you had a few days break....typical! :hehe:

8. dizneymom

dizneymom Active Member

So it's been a couple weeks since we found this 'Disney guy' selling at the flea market. I bought 3 sets of Storybook Ornaments for $60. All mint in the box. They used to sell for $46 or more at the Christmas store in DTD. You can't even find them anymore. DD has collected more pins. He sells them for $3 each!!!! Got a snow globe of Stitch and Lilo for $20. He is out there Mondays and Saturdays. We don't go on Saturdays so we don't know what we are missing. He says he has about 40 more boxes. We look for him first thing on Mondays and he knows us by name now!!! He said he sold 2 Buddhas