1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Happy Easter/ Passover to All

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by Disney Dad, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

No matter your belifes it is that time of year where we all celebrate the coming of Spring. So what have you all got planned for this Easter/Passover holiday?
    It will be a quiet one here (as DS and I leave next Sat for WDW) just the standard Ham dinner with the trimmings and LOTS of chocolate.

2. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma Moderator

Unfortunately working :(

3. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

4. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

We usually go to my brothers and his wife cooks. But this year we (sister-in-law and I) decided we weren't going to cook at all. So we are going out to eat. After church we are driving 2 hours to go to lunch at B D's Mongolian Barbeque.

AND......IT IS NEARLY FREE!!!!

My brother and his wife drove to Akron and picked up DD. Both DS s met them at mongos. (East Cleveland) While they were there they asked the manager if they would be open on Easter....and do you know what he said? "Unfortunately yes! I would rather see the place burn down so I can spend the day with my kids,"

So when DD told me I contacted the corporate office and told them the manager kind of spooked everyone. I asked if I should bring a fire extinguisher for protection. We got $30 woth of gift cards. So did my sister-in-law. It costs each person $10.98 per person so we will have to come up with the difference.

But the important thing is we will celebrate our faith at church, and then be with family.

5. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

We have a wedding on Easter Sunday to go to (!) ... apart from that it'll be a nice relaxing few days off from work! Good food too :)

6. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

Last Good Friday, I had a major blow-up with some of my family, so we ended up at Golden Corral, for Easter dinner. I cried the entire meal because it wasn't a traditional Easter dinner. DH & DDs pointed out the mass of people there and informed me that for some, this WAS a traditional meal :lol:.

Being that we don't have any local family, I think that has become our new tradition! So we'll eat there and then relax the rest of the day.

using Tapatalk

7. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

Having our youngest son, DDIL and two grandsons over for Easter dinner. Ham, Roast Lamb and some sides.

8. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

My sister-in-law, bless her heart, has the same problem with her family. We used to alternate. We would get Christmas, her family would get Thanksgiving and then the next we would switch. But her family is nuts. They swoop in....eat and then leave and let her do all the clean up. We go in with something to share or bring dessert ,eat, help clean up and stay and spend time with them and their dogs who are AWESOME! So last year we got Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years' and now we are doing Easter together.

9. Debi

Debi Moderator

Happy Easter or Passover ! We almost fell over , we called our church after Dad's passing to have a mass in his memory . It's Easter Sunday at 11 PM . How perfect is that ! So afterwards we are going to my mother in laws for brunch and then coming back home to relax . We celebrated Easter with Kierstyn last weekend, Palm Sunday .

10. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

Happy Easter everyone! Hope the Easter Bunny brings you something nice! :bunny:

11. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

Happy Easter to everyone!

I'm looking out the window at the gloomy grey sky and wishing I was in WDW!