1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I made a mistake!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Dining & Restaurants' started by **susie**, May 8, 2012.

1. **susie**

**susie** New Member

I realised when checking my reservations last night that i've forgotten to add my 1 year old nephew onto the booking for Jiko and California Grill.

I called the reservation line who advised me that I couldn't add another person on without amending my resi times....unfortunately there weren't any suitable times left for either restaurant for a party of 9.

Can anyone advise me on the best thing to do? He's not going to be eating but I realise I have to add him to the reservations.

I did the same thing for our resi at T-Rex and I called them directly to add him on and they were fine about it. Shall I try the same thing for these 2 restaurants? If so, does anyone know how to find their direct phone numbers?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

2. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

To me it shouldn't be a problem to show up with him. I'd play 'dumb'. Its not like he's eating a meal, so the biggest issue is (potentially) needing a high chair, right? Maybe he can sit on peoples laps?

using Tapatalk 2

3. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

(407) 939-3463 California Grill

(407) 938.3000 Jiko---There is a disclaimer saying not to use the direct number for reservations, but this might be something more then the normal need. I would call and explain that the child will not be eating and only needs to be able to be seated in a highchair while the others in your party eat.

4. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

I would suggest calling the restaurant directly. Since he is only a year old I don't think it should be a problem. The California Grill is 407-824-1576 and JIKO is 407-939-3463

5. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

I would just turn up and ask for a high chair rather than alert them to the fact.

6. littlepickering

littlepickering New Member

I agree with Paula and Think Tink, just take the baby, I doubt you will be asked to leave. BTW if you are asked to leave I never suggested that!!! :wink:

7. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

I totally agree. When we went I booked ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) for all 4 of us (Ava was 7 months). However, when we turned up some places had her on the reservation and some didn't. Was never a problem getting a high chair for her. I wouldn't worry.

8. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

:iagree: With the above, a 1 year old shouldn't cause problems... I think you'll be fine just turning up with your Nephew :)

9. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

If there is any comment made just plead ignorance to needing to include a child that wouldn't be dinning.

10. **susie**

**susie** New Member

Thanks guys!

You've all put me at ease now :D I think i'll just go along and hope for the best really. He is only 1 after all and won't be needing to eat with us so fingers crossed it's ok. I've added him to all of my other reservations just in case......such a numpty for not adding him to 2 of the most important ones though! Hey ho!

Thanks again!