1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we go where should I try out

Discussion in 'Dining at DLP' started by Minnietracey, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Minnietracey

Minnietracey New Member

We have been to DLP lots of times and food prices are:(. Looking for value and quality.

I'm thinking of trying some different places as we usually have one main meal each day in the evening. We make hotel breakfast last all till tea.

So far we've tried mostly village as there have been 10% cards when weve stayed.
    Rainforset cafe - kids love mixed experiences
    Planet Hollywood - again mixed
    Cafe mickey - overpriced but good characters
    macdonals - as expected
    SF la cantena - Chaos
    HNY Parkside diner - nice food difficult seating for a buffet with 7 eople. Benches and constant getting up and down very annoying, when asked 2nd visit if we could be sat differently or on 2 tables the answer was no this way or eat else where.:unsure:

What are peoples opinions of some of the other buffets and table servise meals.

Inventions like the look of but price is just too much, Auberge (sp) too fancy for them men probably the same at walts, is blue lagoon vey fish based in meals as DH not a fish meal lover.

2. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

We did some last time as we were on free dining.
    Best one by a long way was Walt's in Disneyland Park. Excellent quality food and service, but still very pricey.
    We've done Beaver Creek Tavern at Sequoia Lodge a couple of times. 1st time we enjoyed, last time was very disappointing. Food wasn't as good and very poor service.

3. Minnietracey

Minnietracey New Member

I have found that we always go to RF Cafe and each time the quality of food and service is different. On one holiday we did 2 nights therein a row and everything was pretty good for DLP thefirst day but next was so bad we let no tip for the server. In fact we find it hard to give tips for food at DLP due to the price and huge range of service experience.

4. Jon

Jon Moderator

Have you tried Annettes? Its not overly expensive and most people report positive experiences. Its typical American diner fare but we enjoyed it. You can sometimes get meal deal offers at the likes of King Ludwigs and elsewhere, but there often not announced.
    Unfortunately theres not many 'value' options to be found around DLP right now :sigh:

5. Minnietracey

Minnietracey New Member

Yes we have tried Anettes and we had ok to terrible food there. Our last experience was not good so we decided not to go again. Also I like to be able to book a table if possible.

6. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

King Ludwigs was one of the worst experiences foodwise, the server was good though. My meal was a pork chop, ONE potato and a mountain of sauerkraut, DD had chicken with the same accompaniments. There were a young couple on the next table and she looked as if she was about to burst into tears when she saw her meal. Never ever again