1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it worth extra for a disney hotel?

Discussion in 'General Disneyland Paris Discussion' started by Day Dreamer, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer New Member

Just starting to get to grips with planning our Paris stay in July. We had provisionally booked a partner hotel but the reviews are not so good for July saying there is large unattended school groups making it very noisy!

Looking at the basic hotels at disney of Santa Fe and Cheyenne anyone been to those and know which is best? Are they worth the extra £300 more than the partner hotel?

Does anyone know the breakfast serving times cant find these anywhere I want to know how late the serve to.

Finally is the magic there in the hotels just like in WDW or are they just like normal hotels.

If anyone has info on cheap transfers to paris and DLP would be grateful as the VEA is £180 return for us all that is shocking!!

Thanks for any info

2. Tishypops

Tishypops New Member

I stayed at Newport Bay when we visited.
    To be honest I dont think they have the same feel as an onsite hotel at WDW but then nothing like DLRP is quite like WDW!
    They hotel was nice and it was great being walking distance from the parks (the busses are a nightmare)
    I have never stayed at a partner hotel so I dont have anything to compare it with. I know they do get extremly busy with school trips though (I am an agent and I generally warn people of this in the height of season)

3. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma Moderator

Never stayed in a partner hotel (although almost booked the explorers before), however I would definitely stay in one over an official hotel if the price difference is £300!

I know in the official hotels, they serve breakfast until 10am

As for transfers, try a shared/private shuttle bus or the TGV train

4. carlene

carlene New Member

hi, we have not stayed in a disneyland paris hotel so can't comment on the magic, but have stayed at the explorers hotel, it is nice clean and has its own free shutle bus which departs about every 20 mins and takes about 10- 15 mins to get to the parks, breakfast is included in the price but its a cold buffet of cheese bread spreads meats and pastries we book through a company called benotel have just been looking for our trip in oct and the cost for a double room is 220 euros for a 3 night stay
    hope this helps

5. Tishypops

Tishypops New Member

It is a cold buffet in all of the disney hotels apart from the Disneyland Hotel

6. carlene

carlene New Member

you can pay extra and have a hot breakfast at explorers

can't remember the price but remember thinking it wasn't worth it

carlene

7. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma Moderator

There is definitely a hot breakfast at HNY too, and I believe you can pay extra to have it at Newport Bay and perhaps Sequioa Lodge

8. Trevski220

Trevski220 New Member

Stayed in hotel new York and Newport bay during last 12 months and both had hot food at breakfast

9. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

We've stayed at both the Newport Bay and the Disneyland Hotel. I did enjoy the Newport Bay but it's definitely not got the magic of the WDW hotels. It's a nice hotel, clean and the breakfast was okay but it's a huge hotel and I thought that it was in need of some redecoration. The Disneyland hotel is fabulous although really expensive and I'd be really reluctant to pay the prices that they're now asking as I'd sooner put the money towards a WDW trip.

I've not stayed in a partner hotel although we're taking a group of our kids to the Kyriad hotel in October (68) so I know that this is a hotel that does cater for large groups. Our lot definitely won't be unattended but I can't speak for other groups and originally we were planning to go in July but changed our mind due to holiday dates etc.

10. Tishypops

Tishypops New Member

I was getting prices for a customer today and Disney told me that the only hotel that offered a hot breakfast everyday was the Disneyland hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  11. Jon

Jon Moderator

I'd definately consider a good neighbour hotel if the price difference was as much as £300. I've not stayed at either the Santa Fe or Cheyenne but personally neither really appeal other than the location. We've visted both though and both were quite lively, im sure there's some Disney charm scattered throughout but they didn't really stand out for us.

12. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer New Member

Thanks for all this info, sounds like prices vary incredibly depending on time of year Carlene 220 euros to me is a bargain for 3 nights in Oct as the same 3 nights in July is 700!! I'm looking at Cheyenne now as I know it sounds weird but Sanat Fe look odd with all those brown muddy looking buildings!! Managed to book 2 night in central Paris for start of the trip for only 200 euros for a family suit which for Paris centre in July I thought was pretty good.

Are the Extra Magic Hour on a night as well in DLP? as I cant see that info only the morning hours.

13. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma Moderator

Not sure how many of you are going to DLP, but remember that cheyenne has one double bed and a set of bunk beds instead of 2 double beds that most of the other hotels have!

I've only ever known Extra Magic Hour on a morning, but it may have changed :)

14. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

I've managed to stay at all the hotels in DLP at some point and the Sequoia is my favourite, although I really did like the Cheyenne when I stayed there on a College trip in 2007. I stayed at the Santa Fe in the late 1990's and it was okay, the Newport Bay was awful, never again, but I did enjoy HNY, but, our room was close to Disney Village and we had a lot of noise at night. I'm thinking of going back for a couple of days in Mid May and I'm surprised to see that SL is actually cheaper than HC, still in the thinking about it stage at the moment.