1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

longest Wait Time

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Parks & Attractions' started by martin, Jan 13, 2012.

1. martin

martin New Member

On my recent disney holiday I think i seen the longest waiting time for a ride i have ever seen. Toy Story Mania - 150 minutes, 2 and a half hours, i could not beleive it.

Then the next day i went fro rope drop and it was maddness, i saw grown men jumping over flower beds and railings to get fast pass tickets, crazy.

Has anyone seen longer wait times, if so what ride and how long

2. AlecK

AlecK A Pirate's Life For Me

I've seen 240 mins on Soarin' 2 years ago at Xmas. What was even more incredible is that people were still joining the line :eek:

3. martin

martin New Member

alek - 240 minutes thats mental - think that will take some topping lol

4. Jon

Jon Moderator

Both Soarin & Toy Story Mania regularly have wait times of 100 mins +, especially at peak times which is why FP tickets are like gold dust. (even the line for FP can be 30 mins or so!) I think the longest we saw was 120mins for TSM, maybe Jo can remember better though.
    Certainly never seen 200+, that’s just madness! :wacko:

5. Tishypops

Tishypops New Member

I was given 4 fp tickets for TSM once as we were walking through the carpark by someone that was leaving, I was very nice and have another couple two of them :0)

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.477400,-2.357020
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. SportsMickey

SportsMickey A walking SportsCenter

NYE 2010, Soarin' was at 3 hours or so at one point, Test Track was 2 1/2 and mission space was 1 1/2.

Longest line I've ever waited in was two hours for Everest during the Passholder Preview.

7. Indydisneyfan

Indydisneyfan New Member

On our last visit at Christmas time, TSM was over 100+ minutes every day by 10 am and one of the CM's said they usually run out of FP's by noon. I can't remember the exact time but we picked up our FP's about 25 or so minutes after the park opened and the time for our FP was already noon. We had to wait in the FP line for 10 minutes to get a FP. They had CM's at every FP machine to keep things running smoothly. I have never seen this at any other ride. The longest wait time we have ever seen was around 160-180 minutes at TSM. My wife has a pic of it because we couldn't believe it.

Between Christmas and NYE every major ride is at least 1.5 long or longer by 11am. At least this is what we have observed while there.

8. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

We've seen 2 hours plus for TSM and Soarin' - I think for Mission Space too :eek:

9. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

It was at TSM that I saw a tour party send two reps with at least 30 tickets each to get FP that held up two lines, they were being helped by CMs. I don't think that should be allowed, but, that's my personal view only.

10. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

We've seen crazy lines like those for Soarin' and TSM. I would absolutely NEVER wait that long for any ride. That's where the "there's always next time" line comes in.

11. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

Last year in May it was the opening of Star Tours. DD got to ride twice in less than 30 Minutes. The park opened early and no one really knew it. We got there to get in line at 8:15 am for the 9 am opening. When we got there, the park was open. She ran up and walked right in, came right out and got back on. She was happy. Later the line was outrageous. It round around near the ride 6 or 7 times, went down the road, by the muppets, around another corner to where the city scape is. The timer and the fast pass time didn't work. We asked a CM and they told us the wait was 3 1/2 hours and fast passes were not being given out anymore. NO WAY would we have waited that long.

12. Tishypops

Tishypops New Member

13. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

That always flips me out. The ONLY time we got FPs for that ride was the day we got in early and DD got the two rides on Star Tours. While she was on the ride I took off with the park tickets and got the FPs and the wait was still an hour away. That is the major attraction of the park. Everyone heads over there first. I can only ride it every other trip. It jerks around so much. Makes my back hurt.

14. Tishypops

Tishypops New Member

I can't understand how after all this time the waits are still this bad, I can understand the first year it opened but come on surely everyone has ridden it by now lol

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.477326,-2.357262
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Pinoke76

Pinoke76 New Member

We were there around that time, there were days when they wouldn't even tell you how long the queue was likely to be.
    It was during the soft openings and regularly the line would stop for 20 minutes or so due to "a fault". Having not even got inside the building in an hour I gave up and came back another day.
    A lot of fuss about not a great improvement in my opinion :unsure:

16. Coo1eo

Coo1eo New Member

Yeah, the longest I've seen is around 180 minutes for TSM.

17. roebuck

roebuck New Member

When we were last there in July 2007 there were lines of 180 mins+ at Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Test Track and Soaring :eek:,some of them in the afternoon rain, needless to say we did not join them although others were. :eek::eek:
    In July Fast Passes and Extra Magic Hour's the way to go.

18. dcfromva

dcfromva New Member

I've seen 260 mins for Test Track on NYE. I figure the philosophy folks must take is they have to be somewhere waiting for the countdown to NYE--might as well stand in line....

19. Lucys Dad

Lucys Dad New Member

Personally, I never to join a line above a 30 minute wait. Back in October TSM was still crazy, we were there at opening time and went straight to the ride and had a 15 minute wait. Ironically, the line for the fastpass was longer than the line for the actual ride, this was minutes after the park opened.

I seen quite a few people that sent 1 of their party in to the fast pass line as the rest of the party joined the line for the ride. One guy came straight from the fastpass line and strated walking passed the line for the ride to catch up with the rest of his party. This was a grown man and he was climbing over the barriers inside the building and cimbing over the toy story props you pass on route to the ride. When he finally made it to his party he was greeted with high fives from his group, clearly delighted at his work. It was such an utterly ridiculous sight I found myself laughing at him.

On the plus side, when we came out of the ride we noticed that a CM had been posted at the entrance and he was physically stopping people trying this quite blatant and obvious stunt.

I'll never undertsand what posses people to behave like this.

It's a good ride....... but not that good :lol:

20. LorraineD

LorraineD New Member

We've never yet been on TSM because the queue/wait time is so long. When we go to HS we head straight to Tower of Terror ride at WDW and Aerosmith. We get a fast pass for one and then ALL go and queue for the other.

It really yanks my chain when we are stood queueing and someone excuses themselves past you to "get to family". Last year we were in front of a woman who was really moaning and huffing and puffing on a mobile at the fact that she couldn't get past the queue to get to people, but why had she seperated anyway? Even if one of us wants to nip to the bathroom, we all wait rather than it be us splitting up and having to do that cos it drives me mad.