1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Trouble Aboard the DCL

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line News & Rumours' started by Debi, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Debi

Debi Moderator

My best friend that now lives in FL sent me a link to her news station.
    A 13 year old girl was kidnapped and raped by a crew member.
    This time Disney didn't have a chance to leave port. The parents called 911 and the crew member was arrested. I think it's time that DCL starts screening their employees better. Or hire USA and UK only.
    Parents watch your children. This is very disturbing news.

2. MKadmin

MKadmin Administrator Staff Member

What a nightmare. Take a little girl on a Disney cruise and this happens. I guess at least he didn't kill her.

3. Debi

Debi Moderator

Where the heck did my girlfriend get that his name was Indi. Unless she meant he was Indian. This is so very sad. What this has done to this child mentally and emotionally.
    Disney had no choice but to notify the police. On another news website it claims parents had already called 911 and then went to guest services to report the incident. ( fact or fiction)
    This is going to be a huge lawsuit against Disney.
    This is the second time now, only the first time Disney was not aware of the incident until after the fact. Once they got to the Bahamas, they fired the crew member and sent him home
    IMHO, I believe to cover it up. I think once they were notified the first time, they should have stopped the ship and had the coast guards pick up the crew member. And brought back to the US. Now it has happened again.

4. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

I read about this too. The article I read said it was an alleged sexual assault and that Disney responded immediately and contacted the authorities. I doubt whether employing just USA and UK crew would alleviate all crimes of this nature.

5. Jon

Jon Moderator

Not exactly what you want to hear before going on a Disney Cruise, although I doubt even with the best vetting in the world they could guarantee something like this wont happen. Nationality doesn't make it more or less of a risk.
    I don't think we should be any less vigilant than we are normally just because 'its Disney', although incidents like this thankfully are very rare.

6. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

I agree that this is abominable regardless of the cruise line involved. However, I don't think the news of things like this happening on other cruise lines gets promulgated as much as it does here simply because it is DISNEY.

7. MKadmin

MKadmin Administrator Staff Member

I'm glad that if nothing else, this guy is on American soil and there will be no extradition issues getting him there, though it will also be interesting to see if maybe the US willingly let's Indonesia have him back. He may beg and plead to stay in the US when he finds out what they have planned for him there. Off with his head?!

Just terrible all the way around.

8. Debi

Debi Moderator

This is very true and I guess my statement on hiring was daft. There are unfortunately a lot of sicko's in this world today.

9. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

What a shame :sigh:. I just couldn't imagine.....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

10. MK-Nikki

MK-Nikki New Member

Just terrible! :eek:mg::angry: