1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most surreal moment during a trip to Orlando

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by Damfino, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

Not necessarily confined to WDW,but, what is the most surreal thing to happen to you during a trip to Orlando. I was reminded of my one as I'm watching Wales v Australia in the rugby.

I was in the large Universal store just a the front of IoA this last trip. A cast member tapped me on the shoulder and behind me was Spiderman. Spidey ased me where I was from and when I told him I was from Wales we had a conversation about rugby, turns out Spiderman is a rugby fan and a big fan of South African player Percy Montgomery, who I watched play regularly when he played for Newport. We must have been chatting for at least 5 minutes before some more customers came into the store and I left thinking 'Did I really discuss rugby with Spiderman?'
    Orlando October 2011 (477).jpg

Attached Files:

2. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

Meeting Donny Osmond on the Disney Dream this year although the three of us being dressed head to toe in Disney clothes for four days when we lost all our luggage comes a close second.

3. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

Mine was watching my sister on her 21st birthday talk to a dustbin :wacko: Seriously, we were in Animal Kingdom and I was just looking through some merchandise at one of the stalls, I can't remember where in the park, but I turned around to see my DS talking to one of those "fake bins" asking her her name, and how old she was... then it started singing Happy Birthday to her :lol:

4. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Sitting in US waiting for DH and DS, when Marty Mcfly and Doc Brown pulled in the Time Machine and stood talking with DD and I for ages. Marty told loads of photos of us

5. LorraineD

LorraineD New Member

When I read this my first thought was "as in Michael J Fox??????" but....you don't mean that do you?

6. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

Any excuse to mention Donny Osmand eh? :wink:

7. scottDearinger

scottDearinger New Member

met a presidential canidate on the way to WDW.

While I am not a supporter of hers, I was surprised to notice Michelle Bachman entering the Airport terminal bathroom as my wife was coming out ( we men are always standing outside woman's bathrooms for legitimate reasons-lol) I wasn't totally sure so We waited a few moments and out she came- I still wasn't sure but my wife loudly said Michelle? And over to us she came- chatted for a good 10 minutes and she asked us all about WDW -where we were staying-etc. She was really working it to get our vote- But we did get a picture.

8. SportsMickey

SportsMickey A walking SportsCenter

I gave directions to the actor who played Jin on Lost (now on Hawaii Five-O). It was so strange, but he ended up at Epcot instead of the Beach Club. Happens all the time :D

9. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

I wish - I still would have been there

10. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Mine was at MCO. We went in to the Delta lounge at the end of our Easter trip and sat in the same chairs we had the trip before in October. When I looked at the next table, it was the same family that were sat there 6 months earlier too. It was sooooo weird! What are the chances of that??! We were on completely different flights to different destinations too.

11. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

Piers Morgan is interviewing him from Los Angeles and it's on TV on the 23rd!

12. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

Now, who would have known you'd know all about that? :wink:

13. Steamboat Willie

Steamboat Willie New Member

I love this one!

I was waiting for my my sisters to come out of a shop in Marvel Island. Next thing somebody pushes between me and my dad and says "Out of the way shorty!". I turned to see a 5ft 6 Wolverine!

14. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

I think that my surreal moment was on our last trip at Pop Century. Every morning we would get up and head down to the bus stop to get to the park we needed that AM (or needed to get to to transfer to another resort for breakfast). The first morning a cast member said goodmorning and we replied and we continued down the concourse to the last doors (closest to the bus stop) and each morning as we walked that way one of the cast members who worked at Everything Pop would be opening the gates to start the day and they would also say good morning and we would agian reply. All seems normal enough, but as we came back to the resort (at varied times depending on where we had been) we would also enter different doorways into the main building to get to the back area so we could get to our room we would see the same castmember. He would smile and ask us if we had a good time in the park that day. By the third or so day I was begining to hear the Twilight Zone music as I headed into Classics Hall :lol: It got to be such a running joke that we would bet he wouldn't be there or would be there. I even specifically took the long way around the building to avoid going through one day just to break the whole effect ( I was feeling like I was in a time loop) and there he was at the luggage check-in smiling and asking if we had a good time. After 8 days of seeing this castmember morning and evening I finally had to ask him if he worked non-stop...that I always see him.
    Then I felt like an idiot...as he smiled and told me that he only works a regular shift...times vary and where he works may vary as well...but he understood my confusion...he yelled over to someone else and then it all made sense...his twin brother also worked there and I had been passing by one or the other but never both. Having a set of twins myself (all be-it boy and girl) it never even ocurred to me that the answer was that simple.

15. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

Strange coincidence, on the 2009 February trip I wandered over to Aligator Bayou and took a photo of one of the buildings, when I went back in the November the photo I took in February included my room for November. In 2006 DD and I got off the Winnie the Pooh ride to have John Travolta and family get on our car, I was literally a couple of feet from them(yes, they didn't queue.)

16. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

We got chatting to a family on the beach at The Poly and it turned out one of their family worked for us. :hehe:

17. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

We were in the large pool at Discovery Cove a few years ago when I heard the dreaded shout 'Hiya Miss' Two families with kids who I teach were also there for the day!

18. Pinoke76

Pinoke76 New Member

Mine is cheating as it didn't happen in Disney but was spooky enough I thought I would share :)

We usually go on large group golfing holidays where you don't have to play with people you don't know.
    However, twice just two of us have been away. On these occasions some courses make you play with people you don't know.
    On the first trip we were paired up with different people each day, and of the three days we only actually enjoyed the company of one couple. A lovely couple from Switzerland who were perfect playing partners.
    The following year we went to a different resort at a totally different time of year, over breakfast I said "wouldn't it be great to play with someone like Anders again" ... then as we walked to the first tee we saw them waiting for us.
    The odds of being paired up with the same people must be higher than the odds of winning the lottery!!!

19. Jon

Jon Moderator

I remember a slightly surreal moment at DLP once. Whilst having breakfast at Cafe Mickey, a bunch of characters were doing the rounds including some of those from Robin Hood. I'd gone up to hep myself to the breakfast buffet when i got a tap on the shoulder from King John. He gestured 'shh' and began picking items of fruit up from the buffet and hiding them under his robe, pretending to steal them. I carried on filling my plate when suddenly King John removed said items, two apples and a banana ( You can perhaps guess the formation), gave a chuckle, then replaced them and continued on his greeting duties.

20. Debi

Debi Moderator

Seeing John Travolta walk into the UK pub via too the Rose & Garden restaurant . We were seated at the pub, opposite end . Tried getting a picture, but all I got was a blurr . :( They were doing some type of filming as we saw the camera crew outside and were told it was something to do with The Disney Channel . Corey & I forget the other kid's name . Don't know if JT was on the show or was just visiting . It was rather cool to see him . Our friend Robbie actually told us too look over .