1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my gifts from London

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by dizneymom, Apr 3, 2012.

1. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

When my DS was in England I asked him to get me 3 or 4 postcards of some of the famous buildings around his hotel. I just got them on Sunday. He has been here 4 times since he got home. He forgot to bring them. So he brought me 7. Two of them have a collage of famous things on the front. The Palace, guards, bridges and Big Ben. I love them. Three of them are just normal shots of the London Eye, A double decker bus and I think the Tower bridge. All suitable for framing. The last two were (I'll show you for all the crazy stuff you brought me from WDW)--PAYBACK! One was Queen Elizaeth and the other was William and Kate. I'll show him!! They are dated and this being her JUBILEE year maybe when his children are his age, they will be collectors' items and pay for their college! :lol:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. Pilotdog

Pilotdog New Member

Very cool and funny. Could you scan them and post them so we can have a look see?

3. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

Glad that he has the I'll show you in him it will keep you both on your toes as you try to one up each other :)

4. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

100_0120.jpg
    100_0119.jpg
    100_0118.jpg
    100_0117.jpg
    100_0116.jpg
    100_0115.JPG
    100_0114.jpg

My little netbook is not hooked up to scanner. So I took some quick photos.

5. Disney Dad

They look great :thumbs: I really like the black and white one with the double decker bus. That's what I think of when I remember being in London--riding on the top level of the bus :camera:

6. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

Lovely postcards :)

7. Tishypops

Tishypops New Member

I am determined to get DH to London this year. I can't believe he has managed to get to 35 and never been!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4wl4uc
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

And Manchester isn't even THAT far away. But I guess that is like us and NYC, I want to go but Donna isn't too excited about it.

9. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

I would love to see NY. DD has been there 3 or 4 times with her high school choir. She has seen at least 4 shows. She says the shopping is DEVINE! Hershey's, Disney, M & M store I would love to go....but friends of mine said DD and I would not be safe by ourselves and I guess I am too scared to go by myself.

10. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

We have a friend who lives in Connecticut. She goes into NYC quite often and takes her two kids. She has even let them go alone with their friends.

11. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

It's always nice exploring new places :) I do think though that sometime we don't tend to appreciate what is closest to us!

I used to live in London so I've seen lots of it, but parents have always visited family and friends there and only really saw the real tourist places a few years ago :)

12. Disney Dad

I would have to disagree. While it might not be safe to go walking around NYC at night alone...I don't think that the daytime is an issue. If you go to the City then plan your days and transportation ect. If you are staying overnight find a hotel that is centrally loacted to where you want to be. The busses and subways will get you all over the City, but the lines are not as well defined as those on the London Metro system. My experience is that walking in NYC is the best way to get from point A-B (so long as they aren't miles apart) if you find a centrally located hotel...it may cost more then others, but the ability to walk from place to place will make up the diffence. If you do need to use a bus or subway you can ask at your hotel which line and if you transfer (most NYC people use the mass transit) I wouldn't ask in the Subway station (no need in advertising you are from out of town). Depending on what you want to do...shop...theatre or just sightsee I think most can be done in the day and then spend the evenings relaxing at your hotel and having something to eat nearby.