1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nearly ADR time again!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Dining & Restaurants' started by PaulaK, Jan 17, 2012.

1. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

It's just a week until we can make our ADR's for the Summer trip. Thing is.....I can't be bothered! I was soooo fed up of eating last trip. I was ill the first 10 days and it was a relief we had to cancel some ADR's. We dine mainly at the Signatures and with the new cancellation policy i'm thinking we may just wing it most nights, even though it goes against everything I tell others. :hehe:

There were a few new places we tried in December that we really enjoyed ~ Shula's and Kouzzina for dinner. BlueZoo rocked as always too. One place we didn't get to AGAIN was Bistro. 3rd time lucky maybe in July! :fingers:

2. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

Seems like you should still have some unpacked suitcases.....and you're already needing to book ADR's already :lol:!

You may find that winging it may be more fun for you guys. You'll have more freedom with your days. I'd just go ahead and book the ones that you know for sure you'll want, and do like you said....wing it for the rest!

3. Bec

Bec Moderator

I have to admit we've laid off the ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) the last two trips, and we've been better for it.

4. Jon

Jon Moderator

It can feel like you’re just filling time between meals when you have a full schedule of ADR’s. Nice to just pick and choose some times.
    There’s loads of great places to try offsite too that unless we have some sort of dining plan I’m sure we’ll explore some in more depth next time.

5. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

I don't think we'll make many for summer either. We've only got a week at WDW :eek: so I think it'll be a case of a couple of old favourites and maybe a newbie.

6. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

I have to admit I hate having lots of ADRs, you end up having to plan around them too much. The only one I ever do now as a certainty is Kona Cafe for breakfast, which I haven't done this trip although I'm thinking of doing it forMarch 1st early if I can or perhaps a bit later, apart from that I can take or leave them.

7. JoR

JoR New Member

We have been doing less and less ADR's too. We do book LTT if we plan on being in the MK for lunch because wait times are long and not many options that we like inside MK. Next time I want to try more of the resort restaurants that are out of the way like at SSR, Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW and POR. I figured it wouldn't be as hectic

8. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

If you don't mind a bit of a trip you might want to try Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa.

9. Jon

Jon Moderator

On the other hand, fewer ADR’s = less Food reports = :( Jon :hehe:

10. DizReg

DizReg New Member

We are also tired of ADRs. I really don't like the constant "where are we, what time is lunch, do we have time for this first" stuff. Those of you that have been forgoing ADRs, are you doing walk ups? I do plan on making some our next trips, for the difficult places like Ohana. But we will be traveling the very last week in August this time. Would it be a mistake if I don't make ADRs?

11. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

Winging it sounds good!! We do get fed up of ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) by the end of our trip, however we still tend to make quite a few because we don't get to WDW that often and don't want to chance missing out on places we really want to try!!

It'd be good to see how you get on - lots of others find winging it works out really well :)

12. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

Having been there last August I can tell you to book ADR's. I fully understand the feeling of filling time between meals with the park, but depending on how many are in your party-and especially durring the time of your visit I would make the ADR's and cancel them ahead of time if you feel you are being controlled by them. When we were there last Aug. it was durring the free dinning promotion. With 6 in our group we would never have gotten seated to eat. When we did cancel a few ADR's they were hardly upset...they had the slot filled by people trying to get seated.

13. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

P, just curious, are there any restaurants at WDW you've never been to? :unsure:

14. AlecK

AlecK A Pirate's Life For Me

We haven't tried the following table service places :

Nine Dragons
    Tokyo dining
    San Angel Inn
    Bistro de Paris
    Biergarten
    Rose & Crown
    La Hacienda de San Angel
    Shutters at Old Port Royale
    Trail's End
    Victoria and Albert's
    Spirit of Aloha
    Boatwright's
    Il Mulino
    Kimonos Sushi Bar
    Bongos Cuban Cafe
    House of Blues

15. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

Alec I would HIGHLY recommend Bistro de Paris. IMHO it is the best restaurant in EPCOT. House of Blues we have only done for the Gospel Brunch and it was great. We've actually done it a couple of times. Bongos, to me is more of a place to have lunch. Biergarten gets me my German Food fix, even though much of it is Americanized. We've eaten at most of the others but don't go out of our way to do so.

Victoria & Albert's is our favorite, when we have the money to do it.

16. AlecK

AlecK A Pirate's Life For Me

We had Bistro booked at Xmas but unfortunately we had to cancel because P didn't feel well. I think it's time we tried V&A's :eat:

17. Alanandali

Alanandali New Member

We've always been part of the "winging it" brigade. I do like having a couple of favourites booked in on a day when we KNOW we'll be hungry (like after golf when we only eat breakfast and golf through lunch), but otherwise like to go with the flow depending on our mood and hunger levels. Is easy to do that in May as the world is pretty quiet - not sure about the summer as have never been then?
    Ali

18. Alanandali

Alanandali New Member

We've done and like Bongos, House of Blues, Biergarten, San Angel Inn and Tokyo Dining. Bongos in particular was nice sitting out on the balcony. Nine Dragons doesn't always get good press but we like the spicy cashew chicken and its always easy to get into quickly, so usually gets a visit. Am sure V&A is lovely but as it involved being tidily dressed we'll never get there!
    Ali

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  19. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Even at Christmas we always had options checking online in the morning, so that's how we'll play it. We'll decide in the morning where we're going and see what's available in the area we're heading.

With the new 1 day cancellation policy, you get charged if you don't cancel at least 24 hours before or don't show at character meals and Signatures so I wouldn't advise anyone to book them just in case and not show, you'll be charged $10 per person. For those that missed it, these are the places it applies to. You need a CC to book them now:

Dining locations participating in the credit card guarantee policy include:

1900 Park Fare
    Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
    Artist Point
    California Grill
    Cape May Café
    Chef Mickey’s
    Cítricos
    Crystal Palace
    Flying Fish Café
    Garden Grill
    Hollywood & Vine
    Hollywood Brown Derby
    Jiko
    Le Cellier
    Narcoossee’s
    ‘Ohana
    Tusker House
    Victoria & Albert’s (cancellation policy is $25/per person)
    Yachtsman Steakhouse

Disney will charge your credit card if you don’t cancel on time. Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) or (407) WDW-CNCL to cancel.

20. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Haha! That's been our problem too. :D