1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Fantasyland Questions.

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Parks & Attractions' started by LorraineD, Apr 4, 2012.

1. LorraineD

LorraineD New Member

Just wondering, anyone who has been or anyone in the know.

Has the new Fantasyland been completed? Or - is it likely to be completed when we go in October.

I've just been reading my Orlando book - kids in bed having a quiet moment - and I read that the rides/attractions of the old Fantasyland (apart from Brainstorm which will be transformed to Dumbo), will be shelved as Disney history - does this mean that the rides/attractions in the new Fantasyland will be totally different?

To be honest we don't actually go in Fantasyland. We did DLP when the kids where quite young and so have actually done the rides in there. When we first visited WDW we did go in there and try the Florida version, but now don't really touch Fantasyland as the queues seem to be very long for rides which aren't really of interest to my 2 teens. So just wondering are they totally new rides in the New Fantasyland or just updated versions of the old ones?

The one thing I loved in DLP, which I think I miss there is ANIMAGIQUE, thought that was fab.

2. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

I'm not sure what book your getting your information from, but I thinks it's a bit muddled. The "new" fantasyland is an expansion taking over where Mickey's Toon Town used to be. All of the Toon Town buildings (Micjey's House, Minnies House, Donald's Boat, The Judging Tent) are being removed and will not return :)( ) Goofy's Barnstormer is being revamped and turned into the Great Goofini. The original Dumbo attraction is being moved and made over into a double Dumbo :thumbs:--The Great Goofini and Dumbo have both had soft openings, there are some pictures that have been posted. Snow White's Scarey Adventure is closing and will be turned into ( I belive) a Princess meet and greet area. The expansion continues with the building of a Little Mermaid Under the Sea attraction and the Beast's Castle which is to have the Be Our Guest Resturant. They are also making a Seven Dwarf's Mine Train attraction. The completion date for the expansion is sometime in 2013. The Fantasyland stop for the WDW is being used again so you can walk past what has been finished ( the Storybook Circus section) and peek at what is still being worked on.

3. LorraineD

LorraineD New Member

Its the Brits Guide 2011. It says "The entire Fantasyland area is undergoing extensivr refurbishment due to be complete in 2012, and some attractions could be closed temporarily or moved to a new location. The current confusion will lead to a greatly expanded Gantasyland, eventually encompassing all of Toontown,but for now,expect a lot of boarding and the possibility of closed attractions." it goes on to say as part of the redevelopment the land is likely to close late 2010/early 2011 and that all the attractions here will be "consigned to Disney history, with the exception of the Barnstormer which will be re-themed to Dumbo's circus". When we went last easter there was alot of boarding and could see work going on over fence but just wondered what to expect.

4. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

Well that guide is totally off base. What Disney Dad says is more reality. Parts of Fantasyland, to include Mickey's Toontown Fair have indeed shuttered for good. A new train station is being built and as Disney Dad says there will lots of new attractions with completion scheduled for sometime in 2013.

5. LorraineD

LorraineD New Member

Sorry about that,its just one of the books I had.

6. Disney Dad

Not a problem Lorraine, Im just sorry that a guide book is out there giving incorrect information. When was it published? Maybe at the time of print the plans for the expansion were still on the drawing board and hadn't been finailized. Good thing you have a site with all of us Disney Enthusiasts to keep things current :D

7. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

I was there when Dumbo and The Great Goofini (formerly Barnstormer) was opened, so I can confirm that some of your book's info is wrong. The railroad station has also been revamped. I'm back in November and I'm hoping that the signs are correct and all will be opened in Fall 2012, as will be Splitsville as West Side needs something new there, the last two times I've been there it has been empty.

8. Disney Dad

I'll be there in 10 days :eek:hyes: Hopefully I'll get lots of pictures of the changes and can update whats going on.

9. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

That'll be great! I can't wait to see the changes in the summer.

10. Jade

Jade New Member

I have pictures from the other week but you can't see much cos of the big boards surrounding it.

11. LorraineD

LorraineD New Member

:thumbs: Would be great to see pictures.:thumbs:

12. Addison

Addison Banned

Parts of Fantasy land, to include Mickey's Toon town Fair have indeed shuttered for good. A new train station is being build and there will lots of new attractions.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012